Pet, Package, and Vehicle Detection as well as Facial Recognition Coming to Cam Plus

We are excited to announce that we will be starting our beta on 4 new AI features for Cam Plus:

• Pet Detection
  • Package Detection
  • Vehicle Detection
  • Facial Recognition

Here is how to get access to the closed group pilot test:

1. Get a Cam Plus subscription
  2. Register here
  3. You will receive a confirmation email once we start
22 Likes

I hope that people will not be detected as pets because mine are often detected as people. If that happens, it will be free for all.

4 Likes

It’s our more general animal detection, I suppose! :stuck_out_tongue:

But we’re aiming for better than that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to admit that they are treated like people … maybe even better. In this photo, I present Mitsi to you.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Aww… I wanna be friends with Mitsi! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Mitsi’s got more space than some city apartments.

3 Likes

I can confirm this! Very glad I moved up in the world. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve had a CAT detected as a PERSON twice in the last month. It’s nice to add features, but if the original features that were sold to us don’t work, I personally think you need to fix that first. Right now (since the last update of the app and firmware), I no longer have any motion following on my two pan’s and I haven’t received a person notification for over 48 hours (since the updates).

2 Likes

I am super excited about the new AI coming! I signed up and will be looking forward to testing this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re sorry to hear that, Alan_K. If power cycling your camera doesn’t help, I’d recommend contacting customer support. The AI mislabeling your cat is something I know we’re working on since we’re continuing to improve the algorithm but the motion detection missing is definitely something else.

Wyze Customer Support

1 Like

I am going to have to say that you need to get rid of the missing fragment errors as well as the failed to upload errors first before introducing this. I asked about these errors but somehow it got deleted? It’s a real issue and makes the events tab useless if we can’t see anything. And its only on the cams that are subbed to Cam Plus. Previously it was CMC. Just curious when these errors will be fixed and then maybe I’ll sub to the service again.

3 Likes

After my dogs, cats are detected as person. There are many cats that took my front yard for a highway. That is the first time a cat is detected as a person and no, nobody walked in the street at that time of event. Only a small truck that passed in the street.

1 Like

Where’d you see that? Somehow I missed it & id like to sign up as well

@wrathofchief Welcome to the Wyze community!

If you jump to the top of this thread, you will see the links to register. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The 3 semi feral cats that took up residence in our garage last winter * adopted us are detected as people.

How’s the specificity on the animal detection? It might be better to detect the specific pets instead of any random pet animals, if that’s already not the plan. Considering the issues.

Also, someone requested textual summary for the videos in the wishlist. It shouldn’t be too hard to add something like that after getting the computer vision down. Still, it might be too much work for not much added value if not many people want it. Seemed like a cool idea to me.

Maybe, the app can also show graphs over a period of time to show trends like more animals or more people detected at what time.

Also, it might be a good idea to offer the users an option to correct the detection, this can be used to train the model. Assuming the users won’t tag it wrong.

Also, in case of animals, you can add the option for users to identify the animal too. That will also get good data if in future you want to detect what animal it is that is detected. Idk if that’s already implemented. Similar option can be added to describe the detected person - what is the person doing, what color of clothes are they wearing. Maybe an option to correct the bounding box if needed.

I am desperately trying to reach a Wyze employee who has never responded to me on here. And yes it is someone related to this as it’s my Cam Plus. I’m not getting any help or resolution to my logs/tickets sent.

1 Like

@FriendofFeralCats- This forum is not regularly monitored by Wyze employees. Occasionally one will pop in or out but it is monitored by volunteers like the Mods and Mavens.
If you have submitted a ticket with Wyze Support and have not received a reply please post back with your ticket number and I will see what I can do to get some attention to it.

Is there a way to just email them? I need this resolved but I also have a very ill and elderly mother so I can’t chat or talk on phone as she may need me at any time. I posted in the ask the community but got no response. Maybe a form maven or mod could help with the issue? I tried sending an email to support but told that the address is unmonitored. This is absolutely horrible and sadly I just may have to leave the Wyze family. :frowning:

1 Like