New 2.6 Beta App and Firmware released!

Pretty sure this is an iOS only issue. The spelling error is still there as it looks like they released an Android new version but not one for iOS.

@ckfongsfboi2 The other major difference with Blink is that it’s a battery-powered camera, so most people are going to choose settings that will trigger it less often. (In theory, you could have 60 second recordings every 1 minute and 10 seconds, all day, but if you actually did that in a real-world scenario, your camera would die after 5 hours – far less than the 2 years they advertise. Most people aren’t going to have constant motion to cause that scenario in the first place, and if they did, they’d likely turn down the sensitivity so they wouldn’t have to change out the non-rechargeable batteries 4 times a day.

Blink, by design, uploads a very limited amount of data.

As @HDRock pointed, Blink’s recordings also have a hard limit, unlike Wyze’s, which can be unlimited within the 2-week period.

AND… Blink benefits from vertical integration, since they’re owned by Amazon who owns the servers where the videos are stored. Wyze’s videos are ALSO hosted on Amazon’s servers, but unlike Blink, Wyze is not owned by Amazon. So that makes video storage much more expensive for Wyze than it is for Blink.

2 Likes

I have my clip length set at 30 seconds , I find you can catch a lot in that amount of time.
Trigger time is also 30 seconds , because of where I live and my situation, I don’t have that many clips recorded , so it works out for me.
With a Battery powered camera you have to take a lot of things into account and set your settings with what works best for you while conserving battery life

Anyway , this is all off subject and we need to get back on subject :slightly_smiling_face:

App version 2.6.38. Says my trial has ended. I don’t see a Services link when I log into wyze.com. Never could add a camera to the service. I didn’t get a notification of this reply, sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

So far, so good. Running GS10 on Android 9.

I don’t understand why it says that and it is not there. THERE IS NO “SERVICES” LINK ANYWHERE IN THE WYZE WEBSITE. WHATS UP WITH THAT @UserCustomerGwen ???

1 Like

Well, since my trial expired I’m getting all my notifications again. :grin:

1 Like

They are still working on the website, when it is ready they will let everyone know.

2 Likes

We’re sorry, @Scott57. Our timing ended up being a bit off and we apologize for the frustration. We are getting close to having it available for everyone.

2 Likes

I hired a Millennial for the time being. He is actually more accurate on detection. He just sits on my back deck and yells, “Person” or “Dog” or “Bird” or “Wind blowing bushes” as needed. So I have the detection down, working on getting him to upload a video clip but right now he is complaining about “breaks”, “food”, and “sleep” if you can believe it!

3 Likes

If you get one really talented with a sketch pad he could just draw and you could ditch the cam and save on electricity.

1 Like

Then they would call themselves an artist and the price would go up.

1 Like

So there was never a place to add more than one camera? I thought we had the option to add more than one and test with a 1 cent code? Is that not available?

1 Like

That was going to be available on the website that is not quite complete yet. I do not know if they still plan to do the code or not. That would be a question for @UserCustomerGwen

Sad but true …

1 Like

As of now-now being 10/31 at noon-I see no services link on the website. But my trial has officially ended.

I am in the same boat.

That’s because they aren’t done with it yet

So no more CMC videos?

Not until the website work is finished. But it is nearing full release from what I gather.