My Wyze owl, first crude attempt

20190629_134438
Weighted down with nuts and bolts :slight_smile:
Inside looking out

9 Likes

we need a close up of the outside where the camera view point is. it doesn’t look bad, just a little refinement, but a nice fern to cover that power cord will help

2 Likes

My prime concern was would the camera fit inside easily.

1 Like

yeah, understandable, how did you keep the camera at the height you needed inside the head?

Velcro around the eye hole.

1 Like

That owl would look nice sitting on this old wood barrel.

7 Likes

Pretty cool.

1 Like

Nice disguise, Maybe the owl wouldn’t feel like a strange bird if it had a prosthetic yellow mask over its left eye.

1 Like

I actually was thinking of mounting a monocle.

4 Likes

A pirate type eye patch came mind first, but I like your idea better.

Wyze Owl, now battery operated!
I was wanting to make my Owl mobile, so after extensive research and cost modeling I’m testing it with a $16 Samsung 10AH battery and a Ziploc bag w/ rubberband.

I try to spare no expense, I’ve almost tripled the cost of the camera, what with a $10 Owl housing, a $6 SD card, a $16 battery and the plastic bag and rubberband.

I can only hope the future Wyze Outdoor cost less.

/edit - first battery operated flight the Wyze from noon August 1st to 9:30 am, August 2nd. So approximately 21 hours.

5 Likes

I would say crude is correct. How did you put a plug in wall? Can’t be code that low. Is it GFI? Also anyone can unplug and take it.
My crude solution not so bad. I have camera mounted above front door under large covering and on top of my rollodan shutter. I drilled hole in side of house wall. Wire comes in and is partially hidden by wall mirror. Then it plugs in to convenient plug. No sun or rain can reach camera.

1 Like

Plug was there when I bought the house.

Why? Just mount it up near the roof line, protected from the weather, run the power up into the attic. So many on here seem to overcomplicate mounting a camera. These will record anybody long before they could even get to the camera to unplug or remove it.

1 Like