My "dollar store" plastic jar outdoor protection idea for a Wyze camera

After seeing some of the other really great ideas mine seems not as simple to make, but it should give good protection.

I do not have it set up outside yet, and it’s not fancy looking but we live in a semi-rural area and this will be for the back yard so appearance is not a big deal. (we already had a regular outside camera for the front yard)

I will likely strap it to a spare fence post I’ll put close to the house not too far from an outdoor outlet we have out back.

WCO1

WCO2

WCO3

WCO4

WCO5

WCO6

WCO7

WCO8

WCO9

WCO10

WCO11

WCO12

WCO13

WCO14

WCO15

8 Likes

Great idea, very good instructions. Hope it works well.

Thanks, I hope to have it set up outside one day next week, we’ve been getting rainy days and I wasn’t in a hurry to put it up while the weather was like that, I’ll likely post a pic of it outside not long after I put it up as well as maybe some day and night pics of the view it gets, We get deer and very very occasionally coyotes and foxes come thru our yard at night and with the IR night vision I should be able to spot when they do.

You should pop this up on the instructable.com

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea, I’ve never posted there but can consider it as a possibility.

I have had my outdoor camera finished and set up outside for a while now (and working very well !) I have some more pics I’ll see about adding later.

1 Like

Thanks for this and very detailed. Waiting on the weather to break to start perimeter cams.

1 Like

Thanks, making progress on getting more pics ready to post, hopefully within this next week.

My camera enclosure does not look pretty but it’s located out back where the public doesn’t see it, the important thing is it’s holding up well and still working very good !