Mod Maven Appreciation Day šŸ‘

This is probably not the time for it, what with the recent launch of the cam v4 butā€¦

We should have a Mod Maven Appreciation Day.

For 24 hrs they answer no questions, provide no info, nuttinā€™.

Whatā€™s left?

Just a bunch of ā€˜normiesā€™ floundering around ā€˜helpingā€™ themselves.

yapping_frogs

The Appreciation kicks in when the capable return. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Honestly, not sure thatā€™s a good idea.

Just for example, it sounds like a perfect invitation for spammers or a forum raid. Someone still needs to clean out the trash and enforce the guidelines, etc. If all the mods took a vacation it could turn off a lot of people who arenā€™t even aware whatā€™s going on.

And what about the people who come here for the first time just because they are desperate for some help with something or needs something to be escalated? If there is a pattern of something serious like an outage or something, should we not report it with the access we have to get it addressed as soon as possible?

What about those of us volunteers who do it because it benefits us in some way? For example, I partially use it to help cope with my ADHD while Iā€™m working. Sometimes I need a short break from work, and come here for a brief minute to help someone or whatever and then I can resume my work feeling refreshed from a small break. I feel like it might be punishing myself not to do that. :joy:

I flag spam posts while Iā€™m working late at night so that other people donā€™t have to see them. Mods and Mavens help keep this place clean.

I think that for the most part, a lot of us feel fairly appreciated. :slight_smile: Iā€™m not sure we should have the mods take a day off thoughā€¦I could just see the chaos.

2 Likes

Nah, yā€™all can still do all your deep state stuff to keep the forum safe for capitalism and democracy. :wink:

You, the carver, may still balm your twitchery as you see fitā€¦ :slight_smile:

BUT

Yā€™all wouldnā€™t be customer-facing for a day. :man_shrugging:

And of course there are plenty of somewhat skilled not-a-maven-nor-a-mod folk here to customer face though they havenā€™t taken the Wyze Secret Oath of Free Labor so if for whatever reason they just donā€™t feel like facing customers that day they might not which would leave customers to face themselves for a while.

Not a catastrophe, I say. More an incubator for appreciation. :hatching_chick:

Itā€™s only a day, for crissake. Letā€™s make it a week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A somewhat skilled accountant, IIRC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate the Terry Gilliam animation. Will that suffice?

2 Likes

Lol, ā€˜stop digging,ā€™ then? S.O. agrees. :slight_smile:

Young peep: Then how will I know whatā€™s at the bottom?

As i joked about in another postā€¦ @carverofchoice Iā€™m thinking is an AI Bot Wyze has been working on for their next product. :joy:

2 Likes

Hey! Thatā€™s way underestimating my AI potential! I am much too cool to be limited to a single product.

Iā€™m going to control the entire ecosystem, and then on top of that, Iā€™m going to seek out all the competitorsā€™ devices on the network and change their firmware to be more buggy.

And thatā€™s just the tip of the iceberg. Iā€™m going to take over the entire internet create a couple of multidimensional sophons and all other intelligence will be bugs (IYKYK) by comparison.

I use this forum as a small starting point to help me learn to understand humans before my real mission starts.

I wish all the Wyze employees would stop dropping hints about this new awesome and incredible service experience theyā€™re about to launchā€¦ Iā€™d rather stay in the shadows for a little longer. :joy

:robot:

Donā€™t worry, this isnā€™t the first time Iā€™ve been called AI and it wonā€™t be the last. But at least most people still think itā€™s a jokeā€¦ So weā€™re still early where Iā€™ve got some time to figure out my world domination plans white I await the production of my new sophonsā€¦

2 Likes

Importantly, the laws generally assume that most consumers would recognize puffery as an opinion that cannot be verified. This means that a reasonable person would not take puffery literally.

It is important to understand that the difference between puffery and factual representations is the degree of specificity of the claim. For instance, puffery contains broad, general claims, such as the motto ā€œThe Best Coffee in the World.ā€

Puffery is allowed by the law to a degree. As such, puffery is not prohibited by most advertising laws. In general, a business or seller cannot be held liable for criminal or civil misrepresentation if they issue a statement that amounts to mere puffery.

1 Like

Perfect, a reasonable person will assume my above claims are ā€œpuffery,ā€ thus giving me immunity, and by the time it is no longer ā€œPufferyā€ when my sophons exit production, it will be too late! muah ha ha
:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Too much puffinry!

3 Likes

As dear old Dad used to sayā€¦

Shake it off and get back in the game. :slight_smile:

Was your dad the early inspiration for what would become the Swiftie movement?

2 Likes

Maybe @peepeepā€™s dad is Nils Sjƶberg!

2 Likes

Maybe. He was a liquor store clerk. Never sought the spotlight. :grin:

Now youā€™re just making my head hurt trying to work out how Taylor Swift could be the dad of my favorite frog!!

If I ever get a frog as a pet for my kids, Iā€™m going to name it peeppeepā€¦unless we plan to breed frogs, then maybe Iā€™ll name one Nils Sjƶberg and one of the babies peeppeep.

1 Like