Wyze Cam v4 - Released 3/26/2024

Say hello to the all-new Wyze Cam v4, and the best picture ever on a Wyze Cam. Get clearer video with 2.5K QHD resolution. Enhanced Color Night Vision. More vibrant colors. Upgraded two-way talk. A motion-activated spotlight. IP65 weather resistance. 24/7 recording with MicroSD. All that and more means Wyze Cam v4 is the best “never wonder again” smart security camera ever made. :cam_v4:

This time we have it for our Canada friends too! :canada:

12 Likes

Nice! :heart: Ordered! thumbsup

3 Likes

Wow! $30 is crazy for this.

This is a good flagship camera iteration. My main likes from The V3 to this:

• Better audio (speaker clarity and microphone sensitivity/clarity on the V3 needed an improvement, so I’m glad this was a focus here)

Other stuff is a bonus though, like the spotlight, design, WiFi 6, and more.

4 Likes

Well, I really don’t need any more cameras. In fact, I have 2 extra floodlight cameras that I’m not currently using and a half dozen various other “spare” cameras sitting around.

But, I ordered a 2 pack of the Grey V4s anyway. :smile:

7 Likes

I hope playing recordings back on the SD card from the events page works better than my NEW V3. :hushed:
Yeah I ordered one because the critters told me to.

8 Likes

You totally need a cat cam
:cat2:

3 Likes

You are in good company :rofl:

4 Likes

I have one. 80% of the critter highway V3 recordings are of that goofy Tuxedo cat. :grin:

5 Likes

Fixed your misspelling/autocorrect mistake. :grin:

Personally, I’m wondering why anyone would want a v3pro now.

4 Likes

Is the V4 FOV actually lower than the V3?

2 Likes

Cam v3: 121º diagonal
Cam v4: 115.8° diagonal

4 Likes

Why did they decrease the FOV? Seems odd.

2 Likes

V4 accessory compatibility

Does the v4 work with the window mount and the lamp socket accessories?

4 Likes

I have the same question. I would like to replace my garage cameras that connect to the lamp socket.

2 Likes

Looks nice. Can anyone summarize what is different about the camera with regards to the app interface? I ask because I recently bought a Wyze Cam OG, and noticed that the UI for the camera was different from the other cameras I’ve had (v3 and Pan v1), and I came to see that the settings are different for things that I wouldn’t have anticipated (the OG announces via speaker that the firmware update has completed). Just want to know before pulling the trigger.

1 Like

New models, including Cam v4, use same UI as OG.

3 Likes

It works with the Wyze Window Mount and Wyze Lamp Socket.

5 Likes

Glad I never purchased any V3 pros. I have spares for every version I own. I’m sure they’ll be up to V7 before I need to start replacing :joy:

2 Likes

Will V4 have RSTP?

2 Likes