Loads of stuff suddenly not working in Wyze app!

I’ve just started the Wyze app and loads of things are not working!

ON THE MAIN PAGE

The on/ off button on each camera isn’t working. The shortcuts to rules isn’t working.

I can still view each camera from the home page.

If I click on a camera and go to settings I get the normal page EXCEPT the CamPlus icon at the top is a gear icon to the left of the settings gear icon.

In settings for the camera some things work but the restart camera button doesn’t restart the camera.

On the events page I have lost ALL THE events that were on there.

Clicking the account button and clicking on services … The page doesn’t load.

AND YES…

I have checked my internet connection - I have restarted my router - I have checked my WiFi - I have force stopped the Wyze app - I have rebooted my phone.

What the hell is happening??? I have six V3 WyzeCam all behaving exactly the same. They were fine 2 hours ago!!!

This is unacceptable - I need these cams working tonight.

This shouldn’t happen

11 Likes

Same here. Multiple locations bulbs and plugs not working and some of the cameras.

1 Like

Me three.

Downdetector claims it’s due to a widespread Amazon Web Services outage.

2 Likes

Amazon Web Services is reporting widespread outage.

3 Likes

Same. I noticed when Alexa said I needed to link the Wyze skill again. The app shows some devices offline and some appear to work but don’t. Hopefully they sort this out quickly and find a way to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

And now all my cameras are showing “offline” but I can still click on each one and see the live feed.

Thanks for letting me know that you are having problems - at least I now know that it is a problem at Wyze and not my system.

This shouldn’t happen - really annoying!!!

3 Likes

It’s not Wyze… it’s the world of computing.

5 Likes

I only see Internet connectivity issues for Oregon and N. California…https://status.aws.amazon.com/

All of my Wyze stuff is working, I’m in the SF bay area, California.

1 Like

Most of my devices are offline … SE Texas (SSW of Houston).

3 Likes

Down and spreading

1 Like

I think that this highlights the real need for our wyze products to have the ability to function completely without a web service as its backbone. Local activity only (home wifi) should be an option for full functionality between the wyze app and your wyze devices.

18 Likes

App stopped working. I can no longer log into the app. “Problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.”

4 Likes

In Houston area. Getting crazy notifications of a stationary car in front. Functions to change notifications don’t work.

2 Likes

This is only Amazon Web Services which is only one of many current widespread issues:

2 Likes

I’m in the UK - all but one that was showing offline are now online and the on/off button for each camera is working.

It is fortunate that it is only cameras … What happens in a few years when it is thousands of self-driving cars that suddenly go offline???

4 Likes

yup everything dead for me in Mass. tried enabling the Alexa skill and says it failed.

1 Like

and still nothing listed on the Wyze service status page… UGH

4 Likes

Light bulbs are not turning on when walking into a room is always my first sign of trouble.
I am glad I don’t have anything that is mission critical on this like my security system.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue . Can’t get anyone on the phone from Wyze either .

1 Like