Wyze Servers Down Again?

The Wyze app on my phone asks for my password all of a sudden and then says the servers have an issue so it can’t sent my two factor authentication code. I can’t get the Wyze app on my laptop to work either. So what’s going on?

Yeah, there is some kind of outage going on.

App and rules/routines are all working fine for me. It appears to mostly be 3rd party stuff.

Amazon admitting it is their fault, not Wyze specifically

1 Like

Literally as I’m trying to setup the garage controller… I only have myself to blame for buying this stuff.

2 Likes

I’m unable to have Alexa turn my lights off (Wyze bulbs). Keep getting an error that the server is unresponsive. Wyze app controls aren’t working either. The Alexa app says I need to re-enable the Wyze skill (again!). But that fails and I get an error that “We were unable to link Wyze at this time. Please try again later.” Hasn’t worked for the past 30 minutes. Needed to turn the lights off so partner could go to sleep for work, just ended up switching the darned things off manually.

Good to know that when you invest into Wyze ecosystem with cameras and such that their servers constantly go down. This is really starting to get old.

Cant access app and Alexa cant acccess wyze. SO cameras and lights once again cant be controlled. This is happening to often.

I’m having issues here , clips not loading , no events records

2 Likes

I saw confirmation from Jimmy that it is some kind of AWS IOT outage and they’re aware and working on it.

5 Likes

Alexa won’t do anything I tell it :neutral_face:

Yep - looks like a re-run of earlier in the year.

I’ve done all the usual - restart everything, power cycle everything, pull my hair out, swear constantly.

I have no notifications - cameras going offline but still allowing me to see video feed etc etc etc.

In getting really fed up with this!!

1 Like

Twitter announcement:

Twitter link

3 Likes

It’s everyone. You can’t login on computer or mobile app. Just sit and wait.

Amazon admitting it is their fault, not Wyze specifically:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Follow for updates:

2 Likes

Down detector reports show almost complete recovery now, it was a short-lived issue:

Mine are all working as normal now, including Google and Alexa connections to Wyze.

3 Likes

Mine is working again but I don’t care if it’s a Wyze or AWS issue, this stuff should just work. If it doesn’t then we might as well go back to using devices that don’t use the internet.

2 Likes

Amazon says they found the problem/mistake:

8:40 PM PDT We have identified the root cause for increased error rates and latency of Connect, Subscribe and Publish operations for new connections in the US-WEST-2 Region and are working towards resolution. A scheduled update to optimize the underlying infrastructure for the AWS IoT registry resulted in lower memory availability than required - this has been corrected, and recovery is in progress. Existing connections are not affected.

1 Like

Yep- I agree.

These problems are happening too often.

2 Likes

Alexa is still screwed up not executing commands

Server is unresponsive