Wyze Servers Down Again?

My cameras are back to normal - I don’t use Alexa etc

1 Like

I found Alexa skill was no longer active I had to reactivate & log back in to the wyze Alexa skill for lights to be discovered.
I understand this my not have ben a wyze issue but , I should not have had to do that,
if anyone is having similar issues check into what I did to resolve my issue.
I have noticed Alexa commands and notifications lagging recently , apparently this has fixed that situation at least for now

Mine have been totally back to normal, I tested a bunch of commands with both Alexa and Google during the outage (they were down and not working) and after it was said it was resolved (they’ve all been back up ever since for me).

Downdetector indicates almost nobody is reporting issues anymore either:

1 Like

Well you know how that goes one size does not fit all ,.one person may have issues another person does not :slightly_smiling_face:

You can’t ‘watch’ the Service Status and Known Issues page (to be notified via email when it updates) but this should alert you when a service disruption is reported:

/edit

A “service-advisory” tag has been created so you can watch that without having to get notified of other “important” stuff. It will be applied to such topics going forward (per mod @Loki.)

1 Like

Yeah, I had no doubts about your report of lingering issues, or that you would test out ways to make it resolve quicker as you did. I absolutely trust your reliability and capability. :slight_smile:

I was just double-checking on my end and seeing if there were other reports and reporting what I found. :+1:

Hopefully anyone else with lingering issues can replicate your fix.

1 Like

My reply was not directed towards you even though I replied to you but the intention was to let other members know they may have issues other people do not and there are many ways to resolve these issues

2 Likes

3 outdoor cameras not connected since Monday. Base station working and rebooted. Still not connecting to cameras

1 Like

AWS is amazon, not wyze, wyze is just using their AWS for the Ai part…

2 Likes

Finally an outage that didn’t affect me. :slight_smile:

Or at least I didn’t notice it.

1 Like

Then maybe Wyze needs to stop using AWS.

2 Likes

Certainly not scoring high on the reliability and stability scale… Oh wait, were we talking about AWS or Wyze? Two peas in a pod I guess.

1 Like

Does your phone sometime use a VPN? I had some issues before when I used a VPN on my Samsung 5G Android phone…turned it off and it worked okay…

8 days ago I accidentally deleted my Wyze app and after reinstalling I am unable to log in. Created a Ticket with Wyze, but haven’t heard anything for days.

I’ve done the following:
-Reinstalled the app multiple times
-Powered down my iPhone
-Updated the app AND my iPhone
-Reset my password multiple times
-Created 2 new Profiles and those got nowhere
-Ensured my new password(s) have the proper #s/letters/ etc.
-Cleared the history and cache on my iPhone
-…and more.

Funny thing is, I can log into the Wyze website and their new beta “See Your Cams on your Browser” (which sucks) but not the app. One Wyze tech told me their cloud was having problems and I should wait 24-48 hours. That was a week ago. Quite ridiculous.