Live feed not working

I have found the best way to minimize problems with the SD cards is to set the cameras to “Record On Event”, instead of “Continuous Recording”. YMMV

Just purchased a Wyze Cam v2 today, set it all up, and went off of WiFi so I could test the live stream on mobile data, but it keeps attempting to connect and eventually tells me to power cycle the device. Any input by chance on what has worked for y’all?

While on mobile data try running a speed test and tell me what your up/down Mbps speed is. Thanks.

I apologize for the delayed response.

I also receive the error while connected to my work WiFi. I performed the steps it asked while I was on mobile data at home last night and still received the same error.

Mobile Data:

Speed test from OOKLA: Download - 2.70 Mbps / Upload - 29.2 Mbps / Ping 32 Ms
Speed test from speedof.me: Download - 5.7 Mbps / Upload - 15.23 Mbps / Latency 53 Ms
Speed test from Google: Download - 8.20 Mbps / Upload - 28 Mbps / Latency 53 Ms

WiFi at work:

Speed test from OOKLA: Download - 343 Mbps / Upload - 369 Mbps / Ping 13 Ms
Speed test from speedof.me: Download - 77.93 Mbps / Upload - 83.04 Mbps / Latency 15 Ms
Speed test from Google: Download - 233.5 Mbps / Upload - 322.2 Mbps / Latency 15 Ms

The speed (upstream) of the home network the camera is connected to would be the most relevant. Please see this:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

1 Like

I am so frustrated with this problem - and I can’t find a solution. I bought 2 cams and they work PERFECTLY while Im on my home network. As soon as I try to connect from another network (office, phone data, etc. - even from different phones) one cam will NOT work at all. I tried switching them from rooms, and still have the same problem with one of the cams. I have done everything from resetting them, reinstalling them, deleting them and starting from scratch and it is absolutely useless…the same problem over and over again. I even took the same camera to another network and STILL the same issue. I have a ticket but have not received a reply. I love the product but find it very frustrating that the problem isn’t solved…

I had sent in a ticket and they told me that there was an update to the app. Still wasn’t working… So I unplugged the camera a few times and left it unplugged for roughly 5-6 minutes (wasn’t a big deal to me… I was playing a game while waiting)… after that… I was able to stream it while at work or on mobile data.

Edit: Can’t guarantee it will work for you… but worth a shot… know what I mean?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble! May I please have your support ticket number so I can look into this?

@SomethingFunnyMeow, I am happy to hear that it’s working for you now. Thanks for the update!

Here it is… 171043 Thanks for your help!

I tried that already and didn’t work. Thank you, though…I’m willing to try anything…

TANVI JUST SOLVED IT! Thanks so much! For future people with the same problem: connect to the cameras from the same wifi network you are on. Go to the live stream and set the camera to 360p. If you are accessing them from your phone, be sure that you are on LTE and VOILA - thats it. Apparently, the camera has trouble connecting if its not on 360p. Thanks so much Wyze! Im very happy with the product.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the fix with the community! We’re happy to hear that your connection problem has been resolved. I let Tanvi know about this post to make her day! :slight_smile:

I looked everywhere and tried everything for a solution and it was so simple - so thank you! Im going to try from different networks tomorrow! Again - thanks so much!

1 Like

Our pleasure, SrFlyboy. :slight_smile:

Please let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Update: Tried on various networks and had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever - so, again, THANK YOU!

Most of these connection issues and errors are a result of the network you are using blocking the handshake between your device and the app/cameras. They are not always related to the WyzeCam or the Wyze App. We had the same problem at a restaurant on the beach and at the auto dealership when purchasing a new vehicle. We had to use our iPhone data connection in order to successfully connect to our WyzeCams. When we tried it from a friend’s house on their WiFi it finally worked. I even made some posts here to the forum to that effect but I was wrong. Glad everyone has found a solution.

Hope this helps,

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

Both of my cameras are set to 360P. I tried unplugging them for 10 minutes and I still can not live stream on AT&T 4G LTE.

Both of my cameras are set to 360P. I tried unplugging them for 10 minutes and I still can not live stream on AT&T 4G LTE. I just bought these on Amazon. The firmware is up to date. They worked this morning and by mid day neither will stream when not on my home wifi. I also bought a Pan camera and I am about to send all of them back, I am going out of town Sunday and need to keep an I on my dog while I’m gone because he has diabetes. The pet sitters come 3 times a day and give him his insulin but I want to keep an I on him. I can’t wait 5 to 7 days for tech support like your email said. Please help now or I have to replace them.

If you send in a support ticket and give me the ticket number I will see what I can do to bump you up in priority. Sorry to hear about this trouble, perricj!

I am having the same problem, I’ve tried restarting my camera, even deleting it and connecting it again. I still can’t get it to work when I’m away from my home network. Can WyzeGwendolyn help me with this?