Cameras no longer connect away from home

I have 7 Wyze cameras, V2 and V3. A couple of months ago, I did an update on them and since then, I can no longer livestream when I am away from home without restarting each camera. Then I have to wait while each camera reconnects before it will work, and if I leave the app, I have to start all over again. I have gone through every step with customer support, including deleting and reconnecting each camera. One never came back up and had to be replaced. I switched each camera to 360p and/or SD and that didn’t help. I do not have a VPN. I have several older First Alert outdoor cameras (10+ years) and a Ring doorbell - no problems at all connecting away from home. V3 is on 4.36.11.8391 and V2 is on 4.9.9.3006. So, not being able to use my cameras effectively while I am away from home defeats the purpose of having them. I will not buy another Wyze product if Wyze can’t fix this problem, and I will start replacing these with another brand at some point. Does anyone have additional ideas that might resolve this problem?

2 Likes

Seems there are many posts on this forum about this issue.

Seems there needs to be a more thorough, organized approach to troubleshoot and resolve this major issue.

While I have not seen these issues, I know experienced techs with this issue. My concern is growing.

It is peculiar that while some see no issues, many other do have issues.

afaik v3 and v2 streams are not encrypted, newer cameras stream over https.
could be some security expert told them block unecrypted streams?

1 Like

I’m having the same issues and it’s been weeks and I’m getting no help from Wyze. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Done everything possible that I know of. I cannot connect a livestream when away from home or if I disconnect from my wifi WHILE at home. I set my cameras to 360p but they don’t stay there and I had them all in HD before and never had any issues. Like you, I will never buy another product if this doesn’t get resolved. I loved them up until this, but if I can’t livestream when away from home or not connected to wifi at home then it defeats the purpose. I am very disappointed in lack of response and I will be sure to discourage people from buying them.

1 Like

I think that once the Wyze Support people run through their troubleshooting script, they are done. I was basically told how sorry they were to not be able to resolve the problem. I’ve read through every post like this hoping to find a new idea to try out.

2 Likes

I don’t know how that could have happened with my cameras.

1 Like

I have been using 7 cams both V2 and V3 also 2 pan cams V2 all of which worked flawlessly until couple of months ago. In addition I have 1 camera in a different location on a different network. All the cameras do not connect when away from home without toggling the ON/Off button on the app for each camera. This is required every single time you want to view a camera!!! Using multiple iPhone 12’s with latest IOS.
I have done all the usual steps recommended such as network reset, uninstall, and reinstall app, delete cam and reinstall cam. Even had a new V3 cam that I installed last week that is behaving the same way.

Obviously, it has something to do with firmware on cams or app. A proper acknowledgement of a problem from Wyse and a fix would be greatly appreciated but so far nothing.

I want to reiterate that prior to this problem all the cameras worked perfectly for years without any issue.

Push out a FIX please!

2 Likes

I cannot see how a fix will resolve this issue when there are many people that have no issue with the same firmware. That is the puzzle.

1 Like

[/quote] I cannot see how a fix will resolve this issue when there are many people that have no issue with the same firmware. That is the puzzle.
[/quote]

I agree… We need to start at square one and look at it logically without a lot of variables. I have over 20 cams of various versions from V2 to V4 & 3 doorbells all different versions. I use Spectrum intenet with an Orbi 750 Mesh Router. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note20 android phone. When I’m out and about I can see every cam using the cellular network. When I’m out of the country (last week in Cayman Islands) while on VPN and attached to the hotel’s Wifi, I could see every cam.
So what is everyone’s else’s problem…? (rehtorical) Where should we start? I’m willing to help…

1 Like

I have 8 outdoor cameras and one indoor pan cam. I loved these cameras and had no problem with anything until recently. It’s probably been month to month and a half that I have been trying to get someone to resolve this issue. I have an iPhone 14 Pro and I have an iPad Air gen 5. I’ve had issues trying to pull up live view on both. It is intermittent. But an acquaintance has 4 outdoor cameras (same kind) and I can pull live views from those with no problem. My Internet has a strong connection, and even when I’m home if I disconnect from my Wi-Fi then I can’t pull up live views even at home. I am completely baffled by this and it’s very frustrating because it’s defeating the purpose of having them. I am still getting event notices and I can view the events but then I can’t pull up a live view. But then sometimes I’ll go in and try to pull something up and it will work and then I’ll go back and then it doesn’t. I have even switched all of them to 360 P mode which I shouldn’t have to do because they worked fine in HD before But even doing that I notice that then when it goes in to pull a live view, it will tell me to put it in 360 P mode and it’s already there and so it’s not saving it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app plus I have uninstalled and reinstalled all nine cameras, and nothing is fixing it .

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issues with all of my V2 cams. Adding this with the other issues and the extremely poor customer service I’ve had in the past has reach the point where I am done with this company. I was there at the beginning, liked the product and wanted to support a local company. No more. I should have expanded my Ring products, which I owned before Wyze, instead since I have NEVER had an issue with them.

Money wasted.

2 Likes

[quote=“30maribryant, post:10, topic:295398”]
when I’m home if I disconnect from my Wi-Fi then I can’t pull up live views even at home.[/quote]

Let’s start here… can you give us screen shots when this happens when you’re off Wifi at home. Does the cam say “loading live view” and it never loads?

Also, can you do a screen shot of your phone after you do a speed test while you’re on your cellular network alone… not connected to Wifi…

That is correct, it does not load. I get the green ball off death (as I call it).

Do you get this… where it says it’s loading? How many “Steps” does it go through before it stops? Do you have a screenshot of it after it stops and doesn’t load?
Can you send a screenshot of a speedtest with only your cellular connection?

I have the same issue with brand new v3 cams. Never makes it past step one until I start and stop each camera or the group as a whole. After that goes right into live view without a problem.

if sd card is good, it may be sign of another bogus exploit and new firmware being tested.
disabling uploads to cloud and not so smart detections may help,

When I am away from home, my cameras try to connect, but eventually I get the connection failed message. Then I have to restart the cameras, wait a couple of minutes and then I can livestream. If I close the app or leave the live-streaming for any length of time, I have to start over. This screenshot is from a V2, but I have the same issues with my v3 cameras. I have Xfinity high speed internet, and an iPhone 14 and iPad Pro. My Ring doorbell and my First Alert cameras work fine.

I had the same problem and then I subscribed to their yearly plan and everything magically started working again.

1 Like

If you tried everything else, perhaps you might as well try manually flashing previous firmware to test your V2 / V3.

Who knows how long will they take to resolve your issue.

Think I will sign into the TP-Link forum to see if this issue exits there.