Light Animations/Effects Ideas (e.g. fade opacity 100%-80% over 10sec, for relaxing candle-like effect)

There is an app for Hue bulbs called Ambee ‎AMBEE for Philips Hue Lights on the App Store that allows “light animations”.

These result in beautiful, immersive, glowing environments.

Examples uses:

• Relaxing fireplace-like environment, where lights subtly fade, flicker, and smoothly transition between warm colors.
  • Holiday windows displays, where lights cycle through themed colors.
    • like christmas string lights
    • Porch lights subtly flicker orange for Halloween trick-or-treaters

Example inputs:

• transition between colors (either instantly, or smoothly over time)
  • animate opacity values over time (in a loop)
    • 100%-80% over 1sec => candle “flickering”
    • 100%-80% over 10sec => smooth fireplace-like glow

Bonus:

• Enabled/disable or schedule animations via voice integrations.

PLEASE add a “fire” mode(s) where the bulb flickers through different warm hues to simulate a flame.

Mod Note: Due to hardware limitations, this feature request may not be possible. However, this could be implemented in another bulb version.

Mod Note: Request merged to this more inclusive “light animations” request.

7 Likes

cool idea!

3 Likes

Ability to create scenes that fade between colors automatically.

I would love to have the ability to create a scene of multiple colors, then have the bulb or bulb group cycle between them constantly. My use case would be for holiday lighting. I have a handful of color bulbs setup outdoors. Ideally, I would pick colors like red, green, blue, yellow, orange and the bulb group would pleasantly fade from one to the other every few seconds.

10 Likes

I would love to have the ability to slowly fade from one color to the next as an alternative to instantly triggering changes, i.e. transition times. One use would be using scenes that involve fade-outs/fade-ins or gradual color changing.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

6 Likes

Even Wiz bulbs have animations/effects for their bulbs.
Also please vote here. The more votes for both, the more chance of it happening?

8 Likes

Allow users to choose different lighting effects (ex. Galaxy, Ocean, Fireworks, candlelight,etc) in the app for Color bulbs and light strips. See attached that is offered by Ilumi app for their Ilumi bulb. Lots of cool lighting effects offered.

9 Likes

Yes it is disappointing that Wyze color bulbs do not support this. I am thinking of returning my products.

6 Likes

Wyze Color Bulbs - dynamic patterns/loops

Hi Wyze,

Love your products.

I have a few Wiz bulbs that allow for dynamic ally looped color schemes to be selected over a span of time. This might include a bulb shifting between deep blues and greens, or even cycling through the entire color spectrum and over and over…

It’s a really neat feature, and as Wyze bulbs are the TOP of the heap today, it would make sense to add these features—and maybe even allow us to program them ourselves!

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Improved RGB control for Color Bulbs and LED Strip Pro

I would love to see more granular control over the color bulbs and LED strip. The bulbs have great output, I would just like to see options such as being able to set color cycles for the bulbs and strips. I have the Strip Pro and would love to be able to manually set segments of the strip to a specific color. Another nice to have would be if the microphone music sync functionality could somehow influence the color bulbs as well. Color cycles and custom patterns are the only features I’m honestly missing on the Wyze app compared to some other LED controllers.

5 Likes

Just adding my voice that I would love to see these features. I would for sure purchase more bulbs for areas around my home.

3 Likes

I’d like the color lights to change colors every second.

Predefined colors a must.

This party needs to happen.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this #wishlist item for consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

Is there a roadmap for the color light bulb to add some basic color change - perhaps add the light strip functionality?? Something as simple as change to red, wait 2 seconds change to blue wait 2 seconds change to green and repeat. and then more…
Does anyone want color bulb scripting?

1 Like

Light pause function is available through IFTTT. I posted a YouTube link to how to do it.

1 Like

Are any of the Wyze team providing any updates on this? When was the last update by Wyze?

1 Like

Wyze employees don’t usually interact with us on Wishlist items, but they do read them and take note of your ideas and use cases.

2 Likes

I would like to see a “fade between scenes” option, & an option to specify a fade duration, & also the ability to specify fades on pre-set schedule.

I have several scenes saved for my Wyze_Bulbs. However switching between them is instantaneous & can be jarring to my eyes.

Further, I use “f.lux” on my PC which slowly fades screen colors between bright daylight colors & dim night time colors. This is mainly the type of functionality I’m seeking for my wyze_bulbs.

I appreciate very much that Wyze has this wishlist & thanks for all the great products!

2 Likes

Came here to request this same thing.

Also like a ‘breathe’ animation where it slowly subtly adjusts the brightness to the rhythm of breathing.

Animations would take it to the next level.

2 Likes

Hey there! Wyze PM here and just chiming in that YES we are working on this feature and I expect it to release this summer!

9 Likes

Great news Mike!

1 Like