Latest App update has another mistake!

Several discussions going on.

Testing in progress

No response yet from Wyze in the forums.

No link until Gwen posts the new thread when the new one opens. You will see it in new and she usually pins it. She initiates the thread.

Sorry, missed the last part. New thread every month and she brings forward updates from previous months.

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll look in the new threads

1 Like

I will link post here when I see it.

Thanks - much appreciated

1 Like

As for the lost ability to rewind the buffering live event video, my latest communication from Wyze was suggested to yet again submit a request in the Wyze Wishlist forum. Which I already did. But since I seriously doubt it would gain any traction I’ll be canceling my auto renewal of Cam Plus.

The Person Detection has NEVER worked so I’m paying for basically longer events to be recorded. Ironically that very thing has now delayed me from seeing the very things that are triggering my live events. Was that a homeless person who walked through my driveway at night? A coyote? Jason Voorhees? Let’s wait until the video finishes recording now… could be a minute. Could be ten. But I guess they’d prefer to have a shortcut to the current live feed instead. Makes total sense if you prefer to wait a lot to see exactly why you got that notification in the first place.

2 Likes

I agree totally with you.

I have CamPlus for two reasons: (1) to give me longer recording times and (2) to avoid the 5 minutes cooldown period.

I switched off AI a long time ago as it couldn’t tell me the difference between a fox, badger, cat etc. It never even identified pigeons.

I rely on simple motion events - which I always had to rewind to the start of the event to see if the trigger was a fox … Now I cannot do that! So what is the point of staying with Wyze?

I put a request into the wishlist last year - nothing happened.

1 Like

@Xchen

I’ve just had a duck waddle by - it was walking directly away from the camera

Even that had walked out of range of the camera before live view changed to event view. It was in the field of view of the camera all the time but was a very small unidentifiable dot and I only knew it was a duck by rewinding to the start of the video in event view … So much for the advice to change the angle of view of the camera!

It could have been a thief stealing something from my garden… but I wouldn’t have known until the stupid system had finished recording and let me see the event view. I am sure a thief can run faster than a duck!

1 Like

ah!! i remember BT… ugh… they are a pain, but at least after you stopped paying they fixed it… here in the US they would just say “F U”, come to get any equipment you may be renting and then send your bill to a debt collector who will harass the crap out of you…

1 Like

I was with BT about 15 years ago and said I would never use them again. Then I moved home to the countryside and the only provider that could install fibre broadband was … BT!!!

I knew I would have problems but had no choice.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I don’t want to bring in the marching band just yet… But check your cams.

This happened about 30 minutes ago. I first noticed it on my doorbell cam, but couldn’t get to the screenshot while driving.

This is on a Cam V3. I triggered an AI Person Detection, received the notification, and immediately clicked it. It launched the Wyze App and immediately went to this:

Do my eyes deceive me? Live view with the time slider?

And the time slider WORKS! With the motion tracking box!

Did it really happen? Did it really get restored? Please tell me this isn’t just a fluke or a dream!

Test and reply please!

1 Like

Might be too good to be true… Just tested it on another Cam V3 running the same FW and it launched the P2P Livestream without slider controls.

So now the question of why?

2 Likes

Just tested my V3 s - no sliders I’m afraid

I had another thought about Wyze implementing this change.

I seem to remember that viewing the live screen when you view the event was asked for by “many” - why didn’t they just go to the home screen and tap on the live view from the thumbnail there?

Then the “many” have their live view and rest of us could keep the slider.

1 Like

I am slammed busy this week, but when I get some time I am going to test the rest of my cams. I am baffled as to why\how my DBC and one V3 still does it the right way.

1 Like

Another one - I couldn’t see what triggered the event for THREE MINUTES - only had the live view which I could have seen by going to the home screen.

What is the point of this change??? - except as a way to save money

You could watch the live view before the change and you can still watch it now - but we cannot now see what triggered the event - completely ridiculous and pointless.

1 Like

Dear users,

Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience that the change brought to you. I will talk with our dev team to improve the feature.

Let me clarify the misunderstanding that the change is not to save the cost but to improve the reliability and lower the latency for majority of users when checking what’s happening in front to the camera lence. The change does not impact event video recordings saved to AWS KVS. All detected events will still be uploaded to AWS and saved up there. And the authorized accounts can access them to view all the recordings in past 14 days.

Best wishes,

Xiaolong Chen

1 Like

@Xchen

If those users want to see what is happening in front of the camera lens then all they have to do is go to the home page and click on the thumbnail - two taps! - latency problem solved!

Users like me and many others have no way of looking at what triggered the event - which is important. In this thread I have given several examples of the new system completely missing the trigger for the event.

There is no logical reason for this change - if people want to see the live view they can - very easily but you have removed an important feature by removing the rewind feature.

I have never had any problems with stability - but I do have a big problem with not being able to see an event trigger quickly. The system as it is wouldn’t even let me see a duck walking slowly away from the camera - it had walked so far away that it couldn’t be identified until the system let me rewind to the beginning of the event video - and that was minutes of waiting, it could have been a thief running through the garden!

How does this help with viewing the trigger of an event while the event is being recorded???

I will just repeat myself - people who want the live view can choose to look at the live view from the home page. People who wish to quickly see the trigger of an event cannot do that any more.

How is it progress to remove a feature that is useful? It has the effect of actually slowing down the usefulness of the system.

I don’t know why I’m bothering - it is obvious there is no way anyone at Wyze is going to accept that this change is a backward step.

5 Likes

@ShardlowM Preach, brother. You have been communicating my sentiments exactly. Wyze broke the reason why I use my cameras now. It makes no sense why they did this. Zero. I would use the most profanity laden post just to convey my feelings regarding this bass-ackwards bullcrap but I’d only get banned. And that’s funny because at least they’d have heard me!

2 Likes