Issues with v1 firmware v3.9.3.62

thanks

Support Ticket # is 45659

I have confirmed that Sound is enabled once I got on a better connection. I have a relatively weak LTE connection at work, so I suspect that may have been the issue. Once I got home on WiFi, it worked correctly. Thanks for your attention to this.

Choppy/Laggy Video on LTE. It was working fine on previous firmware. Anyway to rollback firmware? Any suggestions?

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v1-firmware/.

We are still investigating the issue. You can revert back to older version before we fix the issue. It is such a bummer that we couldn’t reproduce the issue with our own phones. That makes investigation/testing a lot harder.

I am also having issues with video and sound, but only when outside my home WiFi network. When connecting via LTE or my work WiFi, the video updates every 3 seconds and there is no audio. Was quite smooth before with regards to live video feed and audio.

Firmware 3.9.3.62

iOS V1.3.116

Would prefer not to rollback.

Mine was also skipping every 3 seconds. I didn’t pay attention to the timing till later.

The update of video only every 2-3 seconds is a known issue that is being investigated. It is helpful if you send a trouble report through the app. They may ask that you also send the camera log.

Strangely, I had this happening myself for a while on about 5 of 12 cameras, and it ended up going away, seemingly on its own.

I appreciate the info on factory resets, but, I have requested some more info on what to do if the reset does NOT work. It is quite frustrating to keep getting the advice to do a factory reset when I have tried lots of times and requested more info.

Like others, still seeing the 3-second lag in this update, however it is intermittent. A few days ago, right after updating one of my cameras to .62 the lag seemed to disappear. I went to my other cam, updated that one, came back to the first, and the lag was back. In general, about 80-90% of the time I open the app, the lag is present, but occasionally it works properly. Still haven’t figured out what causes it. I usually open the app when I’m away from home. LTE vs. WiFi (not same as what the cams are on) doesn’t seem to make a difference. I do seem to get better performance on the same WiFi as the cams. But away from home, it’s mostly lag city.

I’m on iOS 11.2.6, iPhone 8, app v1.3.112

Factory reset will reset all the settings to default setting. For example, it will set all alert to be ‘off’ and will set alert schedule to be ‘full day’. Factory reset will fix issues when cameras are in a weird state which can’t be reset via app.

Factory reset will not flash any firmware image on your camera. If you have version X on the camera you will still have version X after reset. It can solve setting issues but not code issues. So if a bug is related to code inside version X, it wouldn’t solve the problem. In that case I would recommend a firmware flash. https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v1-firmware/

Currently having the same issue with sound and video away from home network. My latest ticket response from support says to switch to SD quality to allow more bandwidth for sound, but this does not work.

Edit: This is for v2, sorry.

My issues are similar to the choppy video issues mentioned here, but mine occur not only on LTE but on WIFI networks outside my home WIFI. In fact, my camera connects only sporadically after flailing for a couple of minutes trying to authenticate to the network. Then if/when it connects the streaming video is choppy. I do however get nicely recorded motion detections that seem to play just fine. If I access the camera from the Home network then everything seems to work fine. Ver. 3.9.3.62 and an early V1 camera.

I updated my camera (V1) and having nothing but problems now. It falls off the internet every once in awhile, glitchy and choppy video especially when away from home. And reads the microSD for like only 10 seconds or so and then it repeats “no sd card” so nothing is being recorded except alerts. And it’s one of my more important cameras. Hope these issues get fixed soon! Or camera gets replaced.

The reflash of the firmware did work. Thanks. Now when I share the camera with my boss, it says in my app that it is waiting for the sharee to accept, but he tells me that he never received the invite. If I try to resend it, it says that it is already shared with that individual. Frustrating…

Support Ticket# is 19589.

Please have him go to Notifications -> Messages tab to accept the invite. Admit the behavior is not intuitive. We already plan to change the experience in the future. Thanks!

Hi, sorry for the issues! We got a few reports like you described. We are investigating now.

For your SD card issue, please try to do a ‘slow format’ on a PC or Mac and see if that solves the problem. Sometimes ‘quick format’ creates problem on cards. This is another issue we are chasing (expect to take a while to fix it since we need some external help to analyze the SD card sectors).

There is a fallback plan. We have a way to revert your camera back to older version of firmware. The instruction is at https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/flashing-your-wyzecam-v2-firmware/. You can give it a try to see if it can set your camera at a good state. You will lose the V1.3 functionality temporarily but at least it will function for you. We will keep working on the issues at the mean time.

One question: do you have an iOS or Android phone?

Hi, we are still working on the issue. Once we have a solid fix we will release a beta for it. Thanks!

I am going to disagree with LikeWyze concerning doing a ‘slow format’.

If you are going to take the time to do a full format, do a quick format followed by running h2testw. It will provide you with much more useful information than a full format. It will verify that your SD card is working correctly, and if it is not, it will tell you a lot about how it isn’t working properly. Then when you are done put the card in the camera, and let it format the card.

See https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/continuous-recording-to-sd-card-stops-once-card-is-full/#post-133640 for where the “canonical” download location for h2testw is.

The only time I have ever seen problems with quick format are on bad SD cards. I would like to hear about cases where quick format doesn’t work.

A quick format just initializes the file system on the card, i.e. all logical blocks (aka sectors) it uses for “metadata” describing the layout, filenames and logical blocks associated with the files. All other logical blocks are marked as “free” or “available”.

Doing a full format will overwrite all “user accessible” logical blocks, so if you have private data you want to be hard to recover, a full format is better, but from a usability standpoint, it should not make any difference. After it has overwritten everything, it does a quick format.