How to download wyze RTSP files, the official files! (Includes v2, v3, pan)

We noticed there are many people confused on what happened to the RTSP files. The short answer is Wyze Deleted Them… Now we saw this and backed them up way before they were deleted, we backed them all up.

How to download them - Wyze Cam RTSP Download (All Camera’s Included) - YouTube

1 Like

I checked it out, I downloaded a copy of the most recent one of each. I would personally want to crosscheck the hash against the originals before I used these backups (don’t plan to use them for a while), but I did hear the youtube video say there was absolutely no modification and that the hashes will match the originals. While I am sure that is probably the case, I am a firm believer in “Trust, but verify.” I will probably get around to having a trusted friend who has a copy of the RTSP Firmware to compare the hash file on one or more of these before I used them. I love the sharing and helping intent here.

For others who come to this wondering if they should get and use RTSP, keep in mind there is probably a good reason that Wyze removed access to the RTSP Files after having spent so much time creating it.

My gut tells me it is likely related to the past security vulnerabilities they needed to patch. These RTSP firmware files were created long before this year, and the Bitdefender CVE reports didn’t get their final patch until this year sometime, which implies that the RTSP firmware does not have all the security patches from those vulnerabilities.

To be fair, those CVE’s were only issues if someone has access to log onto your local network (ie: they could view the contents of the Camera’s SD card), so hopefully only people you trust have your WiFi password anyway, but in theory, if you use this firmware you may be taking a risk that you’d rather avoid. Wyze definitely recommends you only ever use the current supported and up-to-date firmware versions to limit risks. So just keep that in mind…the firmware was removed because it is no longer supported and hasn’t been getting the latest security updates since way back when it was first created.
If you decide to do it, I’d rather you go into the situation with an informed decision of the risks you are taking on.

4 Likes

be sure to scan the bin files on virustotal, for added trust!

2 Likes

All seem like good clean links and files.

The v4.61.0.1 V3 RTSP Beta firmware is still available in the first post of the beta testing thread. Always has been. Still is.

Many folks are gravitating toward the wz_mini_hacks project which also includes POE and ethernet connectivity while leaving the original firmware intact and functional – if so desired.

2 Likes

this page has been backed up to web archive also

Wyze has not deleted the RTSP files just removed the links from the guide. They are still hosted on the RTSP servers.

Since @kudrukelto’s link in the video has stopped working and people are still looking for the RTSP files they can be found here.

1 Like

I don’t recommend the official files since I believe they are lacking some critical security updates, but if you’re determined to use them, then it’s safest to get them directly from Wyze:

I would instead recommend trying the following to convert the live stream to RTSP:

2 Likes

Interestingly, along with 4.61.0.1, I also have a v3_RTSP_4.61.0.3 version.

By far, wz_mini_hacks is the premium custom suite of solutions (including RTSP, of course) for your v3. It is also the only viable option offering a Windows friendly approach if you otherwise think you need to be a command like geek to hot rod your little camera. It operates 100% from an SD card and doesn’t touch the OEM firmware leaving it completely functional.

Docker bridges are a pain in the ass.

tinyCam will only stream an RTSP source, not convert a normal v3 stream into one.

Wyze Hacks is obsolete on every level and never approached RTSP in its prime.

Even as a wz_mini user and advocate, I still use the Wyze RTSP beta firmware for its rock solid stability…, especially when using the wz_mini USB/POE/Ethernet hardwired functionality.

It just works.

3 Likes

Oh interesting, I don’t know the Wyze link to that one. I wasn’t aware there was a x.0.3 version.

How so? I recently installed it myself, and it seems pretty simple and straightforward to me. I haven’t noticed any problems yet :thinking: From what I’ve seen recently, most people have been recommending it as the best option.

Yes, PoE is hard to beat. In that case, if you have that infrastructure setup, I can definitely see why you would prefer it.

I’ve read that when you install the 4.61.0.1 firmware the actual version shown in the Wyze app is 4.61.0.3.

I use Docker-Wyze-Bridge in Home Assistant on a RaspberryPi. It works very well but, starting from scratch, it would be overwhelming for people familiar with Windows only. I then view these RTSP cameras using tinyCam on an Android TV box.

2 Likes

Precisely. And all just to view a hobby camera that could provide RTSP functionality by a number of onboard methods, most of which (even the Linux solutions) are less hassle than setting up an entire Docker/Home Assistant system just to create a remote bridge for similar functionality.

Makes absolutely zero sense unless you’re already into the Docker/HA platform(s) for other purposes…, or are adventurous with lots of time and curiosity on your hands.

As for security concerns, every method has its vulnerabilities. All of them.

Oh! I didn’t even think about that.! I stopped using tinyCam a while ago, because every time I tried to view my Wyze cams it was crashing while loading the live view. I don’t know what changed, but it became unusable for me a year ago or so. I finally gave up and quit using it. Maybe now, instead of using direct login to Wyze I can just use the RTSP stream from the docker Wyze bridge and actually have TinyCam functionality again.

1 Like

I use it as well and love it for what it is. Multiple cameras from v3s to 4ks in four 4 frame grids for a bedroom TV. The key is having the bandwidth into tinyCam and a processing device that can handle it. Firesticks are a stretch, but later Android devices fare much better, even the latest 1080p ChromeTV box or ONN knock-off from WalMart. They won’t light anything on fire speed-wise and drop streams to pretty slow frame rates, but chug right along dependably.
$3.99 for tinyCam, a couple bucks for a serviceable AndroidTV box, free RTSP firmware for your v3…, it just works! LOL

Cheers.

To be clear, my Home Assistant system is set up for many other uses. Once it’s running adding Docker-Wyze-Bridge was very easy. Easier than flashing 10 cameras. :slight_smile:

I stopped using Wyze login with tinyCam because every time I rebooted I had to authenticate.

I assumed as much.

Not required when using the RTSP beta or any other RTSP solution that provides/requires the auth in the MRL address. The Wyze Bridge doesn’t provide for that?

Yes it does. tinyCam did not. Which is why I went to Docker-Wyze-Bridge.

1 Like

What does the camera entry in tinyCam look like when using Docker-Wyze-Bridge? And is the Docker-Wyze-Bridge providing a substitute for your Wyze account credentials to log in via your account, or just facilitating an RTSP stream with arbitrary credentials as with any normal RTSP MRL?

1 Like

Exactly that.
The tinyCam config is just an RTSP URL.

1 Like

My desire for physical storage within my LAN stems from a desire to retain images of evil doers who can cut my broadband, eliminating cloud stored evidence. Their next step would be destroying or stealing my cameras eliminating SD card stored evidence. I like my chances of hiding or securing NAS of NFS stored evidence. It’s a 3rd layer of data retention.

1 Like