How To Become A Beta Tester

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for your interest in helping us beta test! It’s an incredibly important stage for development and your help makes it more likely that we’ll have time to find and fix bugs before launches. As long as you’re okay with the possibility of running into bugs and the lower possibility of needing us to replace a camera for you, we’re happy to have you on board! If you would rather not run these risks, you should probably turn back now.

Okay, now that the people that should stick with the release versions have left this post, here’s a link that has the various testing categories, information about them, and instructions for how to join or apply.

Happy testing! :bug:

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

18 Likes

We do plan to move away from Facebook groups for future testing, but we’re not at that point yet.

Any ETA on this?

2 Likes

Not a firm one yet. We’re investigating how well the forum would work as a new home for testing cycles so we may switch over for the next one (but aren’t making promises yet).

5 Likes

I hope it’s soon. I do a lot of beta testing both HW and SW as well as reviews for companies including Ring, Wink, Best Buy, etc. But I have no desire to log in to Facebook at all. I’d LOVE to be part of Wyze’s beta team, but not at the cost of having to use Facebook.

17 Likes

The forum isn’t a great solution for this yet but we’re continuing to discuss what would need to happen for that to change. We appreciate your feedback and interest! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where can I get an invitation code?

1 Like

Hello @mmaine, no need for an invitation code just follow the steps on the page I’m going to link you to. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you. If I have any problems can I contact you?
Mike

2 Likes

Yes Mike, you can always message me here or through PM.

3 Likes

Hello.
Are Canadians allowed to do beta testing? I sure hope so as I’d love to do it.
Cheers!

Hello! Canadians are welcome to be beta testers but due to the difficulty with international shipping (since we aren’t an international company) we aren’t accepting Canadians as hardware testers if they don’t have an address in the US we could ship to instead. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have you thought about using a Slack Channel for the Beta Group?

This is what they said.

2 Likes

Or Prefinery looks like a decent Beta Management tool…

1 Like

Trying to open the link after installing test flight gives an erro

Might I suggest Microsoft Teams for collaboration. It integrates with many other platforms as well such as Azure Dev Ops, Git, etc.

1 Like

We’ll look into these suggestions. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi, may I be enrolled in the Google assistant program?
Thanks
MAIL : [REDACTED]

Sure! But please don’t publicly post contact information. I removed it from your post. :slight_smile:

1 Like