Home monitoring notification errors

Did you by chance update the HMS Hub to the latest Beta Firmware that just launched?

What Firmware version is your HMS hub on?

I also saw something somewhere where they were updating how the HMS security cams work. I wonder if it is related to that in some way. Maybe in one of the new app updates? When did your app last update?

Are these notifications only happening when your HMS is armed? If so, I think it’s related to the HMS Security cam update.

Try this…

• Go to the monitoring tab
  • Scroll down to Home Monitoring Settings and select that
  • Select Security Cameras
  • Click on one of the cameras causing excessive notifications
  • Deselect “Motion Detection” (but leave it on Person &/or Smoke/CO alarm if you want those)
  • Go back and repeat the previous 2 steps until you’ve set the security cameras how you want.

Now you should be good and should be getting excessive motion alerts while your HMS is armed. That is assuming you don’t want normal motion alerts, just Person alerts when it is armed.

Let me know if that resolved it.

Edit: I guess that doesn’t resolve the “Camera is unplugged” issue. :thinking: IDK what’s up with that. I guess send in a log and contact support? See if they can check into it? Or if you post the log here, we might be able to call a dev in to take a look.

1 Like