Add Functionality Within Home Monitoring Security To Disable/Enable Camera Notifications In Either Home Mode or Away Mode

Wyze is constantly spamming me with “warning” messages that a person/motion was detected on my camera. In the Wyze UI, its super frustrating because Wyze has given the customer the ability to select door/window and motion sensors to add as triggers for HOME/AWAY mode at the customers choice, but you CANNOT put cameras in this section. There is a separate section to add up to 5 camera(s) in Home Monitoring, and then what kinds of alerts you want to see for the cameras (motion/person/smoke&CO)…so I added just one camera (to test) into the Wyze Monitoring “Security Cameras” section, in order to function as part of my overall security system, and I selected “Push notifications” in this Security Cameras section as well.

Now, every time I go into “HOME” protection mode, I am spammed by Wyze “warning” messages as I walk by this camera. It is extremely intrusive to the point of where I can’t keep using the camera as part of Wyze Home Monitoring. I do not see anywhere, where I can tell the Wyze app to NOT show me notifications from this specific camera while I’m in “HOME” mode. Obviously, in AWAY mode, I would want to see everything that the camera can detect, in this particular room where I setup my camera.

It feels like at this point, based on the user-story/UI/functionality, that Wyze simply left-out important features that are allowing me to do what I need to do. I don’t understand why Wyze would allow customers to pick and choose which sensors for door/window & motion are allowed to be activated in EITHER the Home or Away modes, but customers can’t do the same with the Cameras that are added into Home Monitoring.

To try to work-around this issue, within the Wyze app, I went to the MONITORING tab, then within Home Monitoring Settings => Home Monitoring Rules => Monitoring Mode Trigger => I’ve created a rule that specifies the following: IF [HOME] (switches to Home mode) - DO [My cameras name] (turn off notifications) - WHEN Time (disabled). The rule is set to ENABLE currently. Also, all of my Wyze devices and app are up to date. This rule, unfortunately, does nothing, and I continue to get spammed really bad by motion alerts from this camera whenever I’m in HOME mode.

Obviously, disabling/removing my camera from Home Monitoring entirely, or moving the camera to where it wont see me moving around while I’m in HOME mode are not valid solutions.

Either of the following solutions are functionality that I need added into the Wyze app, please and thanks:

1. Within Wyze Home Monitoring => Home Monitoring Settings => Security Cameras, allow the end-user to choose whether or not a camera will send alerts and/or notifications within EITHER (or both) HOME / AWAY modes. Simply allow me to add each individual camera into this section, and toggle whether or not this individual camera will send alerts in HOME and/or AWAY mode…

AND/OR

1. Within Wyze Home Security Monitoring, add Security Cam Push Notification Toggles as available Actions within the Home Monitoring Rules. In other words, allow the end-user to toggle on/off Cam Notifications within the “Home Monitoring Rules” section of the app.

Long story short, the goal here is to have the ability to tell the Wyze app to not harass me about specific cameras that I’ve added into Wyze Home Monitoring, while I’m in HOME mode, so that I dont get spammed to death while walking around in my home with the Wyze system armed to HOME mode. Obviously, the ability to give the end-user the choice of customizing the cam security notifications on a per-camera and per-Home/Away mode state would be ideal.

Thank you!

Linking this to my original post asking for help with this issue/wishlist item: