Home Monitoring- No arming with (selected) open sensors

Hello. I have been using the home monitoring system for a week or so now and have a recommendation. It would be great if there was an option to toggle certain sensors that would not let you arm the system if they are left open. For example, I never want to have my system armed if I forgot to close by back door all the way.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

there is also an item on the wishlist that is similiar to your request which would give you an alert if you are trying to arm with an open sensor. It should show up a red dot next to your open sensor under “on duty items” when you try to arm with an open sensor on your app. However, if you are arming with the keypad like I would think most people do, you wouldn’t know if something is open.

3 Likes

This is an important wishlist item. It is honestly baffling that the system can arm with any sensor in an open position. Hope to see this addressed in the near future.

1 Like

This is pretty standard with other alarm companies. Some people want to leave windows open for fresh air and so the system usually just ignores. But I agree that doors are another story as u wouldn’t want to leave those open.

One of the problems implementing this would be that the Wyze system doesn’t differentiate between doors and windows. They are all just “entry sensors.”

The HMS needs the ability to warn the user that a protected door or window is open when attempting to arm the system to Home or Away mode.
Problem: I came home the other day to my house with the HMS armed to Away. Before disarming the system, I noticed that my back garage door (which has a sensor) was wide open. My wife had armed the system before leaving but because the HMS did not warn her that a door she could not see was open, she left the house vulnerable to entry!

The HMS needs to warn you when you attempt to arm the system and a sensor is open. Every other security system I have owned will not let you arm it unless you have all the sensors closed - or you can manually bypass those open sensors and then you can arm it.

Here is how it could work… When you attempt to arm the HMS either from the keypad or the app when a sensor is open, the system would sound an “error” tone and say “sensor open, please close or bypass” (or pop up the message in the app). Then the user must either correct the issue or go into the app, find the sensor and select a one-time use toggle (it gets reset when the sensor is closed) to bypass the window or door sensor.

The HMS needs to quickly implement this critical feature so that people don’t inadvertantly leave their houses open to entry or burglary.

4 Likes

This is just nuts that you can arm the system with doors open without a manual bypass. That, the useless siren, and lack of fire monitoring via camera listening. All of this does not require more hw and are design decisions.

2 Likes

This is definitely needed. The ring alarm will say “Sensors Require Bypass”, and when you hit check or x it will bypass the open sensor and arm or cancel. Ideally it would list the names of the sensors that are open, so you don’t have to check the app or run around the house.

1 Like

I have the same concern why the hms does not warn about the open sensors? When trying to am. Is there any way to wayze reply back

Wyze checks top voted wishlist requests frequently, so make sure to add a vote to the top of this thread.

1 Like

HMS already warns when attempting to arm with open sensors. The hub announces, “System is arming, but a sensor is open.” and the Wyze app displays a warning and notes open sensors. If you don’t see these, please check your app and firmware for updates.

This wishlist request is not related to open sensor warnings. It is requesting “an option to toggle certain sensors that would not let you arm the system if they are left open”.

Another similar but fundamentally different wishlist topic exists requesting an additional user confirmation before arming with an open sensor. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for this:

Require Confirmation If Arming Security System with open sensor

5 Likes

The problem with this response is when the system is armed with keypad. The keypad may be far away from the hub to be able to listen the hub “sensors are open” message.

2 Likes

I have the latest app and the latest firmware and I don’t see the devices that are open after activating the alarm.

When I purchased the Wyze Security System (early buyer) and with my other Cams and the issues with hardware and software. I made the decision not to install this product as I would never trust Wyze to protect my Home. This month’s Consumers Report proves I made the right decision.

The fact this needed to be put on a wish-list us mindbogglingly :angry:

Every alarm out there stops you from setting alarm is a sensor is open unless you personally do a manual bypass.
The obvious reason for this is to prevent leaving the home unsecured.

Not everyone going to have the app on their phone and even those that do may not even notice.

This is not some feature request but a basic function of how alarms work.

It’s also legally just asking for lawsuits and something lawyers just love.

The fact this hasn’t been addressed already is nuts and makes me wtf wyze is thinking.

Having a manual bypass to be selected before a sensor can be left open and the alarm set legal covers their butts.
The owner would have to consciously set the bypass making them legal responsible if this allowed a break in or worse.

As it is there no agreement they can write, no eula or anything else that would protect them in court.
Lawyers would be drooling over this oversight.

This is one hell of a oversight and surprising how its not already been fixed.

The upside is this is software fixable and not a hardware problem.

Preventing the alarm being setting with a sensor open and having a verbal announcement would be a quick and easy fix.

A full feature fix would to do that and have the ability to manual bypass sensors with verbal notifications.

This would legally cover wyze put responsibility on the owner if a bypass is used and give proper notifications to other family members.
Not to mention added feature control which makes everyone happy.

2 Likes