I got the FKA sky connect thing coming also. I have some smart things sensors that I haven’t used in a hot minute because i haven’t used SmartThings in a long time. Was thinking of firing those up once everything gets set up. Been looking at Bluetooth dongles also and temperature sensors from other companies since Wyze sensors don’t play very nice in HA.
Yeah, I didn’t think you could and I remember reading about it being disabled which is why I asked if there was a chance that it would be reenabled. Is there any directions on the using the docker to pull that data into HA? I have the docker HACK installed.
dj
Matter works great if you want sensors for that.
A. Motion sensor worked down my driveway at the mailbox as it seems to ride on top of wifi
That’s what I use. Love it.
Weird. I didn’t think any of mine have ever done this on my skyconnect. It’s been solid. But I only use it for zigbee (ZHA) and nothing else.
Here’s a list of known working adapters:
I actually got one not on that list that has long range and supports Bluetooth 5.3 & works great as I mention here:
However, I’m reading most people say the best practice is to use Bluetooth proxy setups. I don’t fully understand that right now, but I saw someone turn a bunch of Wyze outdoor plugs into Bluetooth proxies with a small modification (adding a little chip inside it).
I’m excited for you. I have fully loved having setup home assistant, especially now that they’ve guaranteed it’s long term viability and success with the open home foundation guaranteeing it’s never for sale.
I am confident there are such walkthroughs. I generally just run a Google search or ask AIs to help me set things up like this. I’m not currently in a position to search for them right now though.
You forgot not integrating with climate sensors. BTW, they flat out lied about the climate sensors working with the thermostats. Ya know they say; “if they lie once they lie always”.