Flashing your WyzeCam v1 firmware

Success! Thank you very much for this work around LikeWyze.

Barry

This is not working for me. Downloaded the ZIP, put that file on the root of a sandisk 32gb card. Renamed it to FIRMWARE_660R_F.BIN

held setup for 13 seconds and no dice.

You do not put the zip file on the root. You extract the .bin file from the zip and put that on the root directory of the sd card.

I was able to connect before starting and after each try. When I said the first try failed, I meant that the firmware version didn’t change, not that I couldn’t connect.

…and, you should format the card first. And you must hold down the setup button WHILE you are plugging in the power cord, and continue holding it for 15 seconds.

Ok, did all that, I wondered about the renaming the zip since the file inside was the actual firmware bin.

This time I used a samsung card, no dice.

Problem solved. Used a sanddisk 32gb. cleaned, formatted, uzipped the bin file, renamed it. unplugged device, inserted card, plug power while holding

setup for 15 seconds, waited till I heard “cling cling” and was able to connect it to the app.

I used the FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.1.102

Thank you so much!

Fixed my bricked cam which I was about to return to Amazon. However, had to use version 102 since the latest 2.30 would not connect and gave connection timed out. That is the same firmware that originally bricked the cam when I tried to upgrade from within the Android app. Will wait for the next firmware upgrade and hoping it will wok. The strange thing is that my other cam upgraded to 2.30 without problems when it was first released using the same Android tablet, wifi, etc.

Thanks.

Hi FWM, I am glad 102 saved your camera once. It is weird that it doesn’t handle 2.30 well. We will check if any of our return cameras are in same situation and figure out why. Hope to figure out the puzzle soon. Thanks for letting us know it!

How do we download the very latest firmware? Can you also add the latest to that directory for direct download?

Others are reporting a new update but my app doesn’t see. I’m still using 3.9.2.30

Hello,

I ran many tests before and in the past few days and here is the situation.

I have 2 Wyzecam. 1 running FW 102 and the other running FW 2.30.

Tested using both version 1.1.55 and the latest Android application, 1.2.72.

I have NO problem connecting to the Live Stream on either of the cam when I am at home, with my phone or tablet connected to the same network. It does not matter where I place the cams in the house, it does connect without a glitch.

However, when I am outside and try to connect to the Live stream either from my LTE cell network or other wifi/network, here is the situation.

I have NO problem connecting to the Live Stream of the cam with FW 102.

Connecting to the cam with FW 2.30 is hit and miss, mostly miss.

Most of the times it gets stuck at step 3/3 getting video data. I hit the back key and try again, sometimes it may work, most times it does not. Sometimes I only get the sound. I play with turning the sound on and off as sometimes it seems to help connecting to the Live Stream video. In some cases, I do not know if it is because I try too much to connect or what but the cam simply disconnects and it will not re-connect until I get back home and power cycle it.

So to me, there is definitely a connection problem with version 2.30 that did not exist in version 102 or the version that came preinstalled on the cams.

I noticed that the speed displayed in the upper left corner of the Live stream window shows twice as fast on FW 2.30 compare to FW 102 if that can be of any help.

Please note that it does not matter where those cams are located in the house. Both cams where located at about 10 feet from my router when I ran those tests. And I NEVER had connection problems based on the cameras location using any FW. So that is not the issue.

The issue is when connecting from outside the cam connected network (home) using FW version 2.30.

p.s. I am talking for myself, not anyone else.

p.s.s I have 5 other IP cameras (Chinese and brand names) and I have no problem connecting from the outside with any of them.

Thank you.

3.9.2.30 is the latest official firmware. If you are in beta program, you can upgrade to 3.9.3.22 which is the latest beta. I am hesitant to put beta firmware here since beta firmware may update every 1-2 weeks. Thanks!

Hi, thank you for your time reporting your issue. I am sorry that 2.30 F/W caused more problem for you. From statistics we saw average connection rate got higher from 1.102 to 2.30 but we are aware there are customers like you who had more issues with 2.30 F/W. That was one of the reason we offered a workaround to roll back.

May I know your LTE provider and router model? That may help us narrow down the issues. We also have a FB group called ‘39230Connectivity’ to work on issues with 2.30 firmware. We are actively monitoring that group. One of the common issues for 2.30 is stuck at 3/3 stage. You can join the group to track our latest investigation status.

Also, you can join our beta program to try our beta firmware 3.9.3.22. There are quite some customers like that version better than 3.9.2.30. Become a Beta Tester – Wyze is the web link to join beta.

thank you!

+1 more happy customer!

I was able to download the 3.9.1.102 zip, rename it, copy it to my microSD card and go through the process - my previously bricked camera is back to fully working status - yay! :slight_smile:

Thanks much - Roger

I must admit, I was near the point of throwing the new camera away…
OK, I said, lets give it the last try… and suddenly, with firmware FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.1.102 it started to work.
After that an upgrade was performed from inside the Wyze app and… still working. :wink:

Thank you very much!

I’ve reverted to an earlier firmeware (3.9.3.28) and have been running successfully for a couple of days now. no connection drops.

One of my five cameras soft bricked when updating to the newest beta. Just used this method to fix it! Thank you!

I have a Sandisk 32G micro SD card. Finally got it working on 3.9.1.102!!! At this point I’m gonna leave it there for a while. After half a dozen attempts I’m not up to reflashing several more times!