Fix-It Friday 8/5/22

3 Likes

Along with the timestamp, consider adding the ability to add a stamp equal to the camera name, as well as the TYPE of camera it is (v3, V2, WCO, VDB) (this would be good ‘advertising’ for when footage is posted to youtube, forums, etc)

SJ

1 Like

Would you mind verifying that you indeed have the AI options on the Notifications screen for your V3s please? I have never had the individual AI notification options for my V3s or Pan V2s (only the Detects Wyze AI Events toggle). I DO have the options for my v2 and Pan V1s. I seem to remember that this was brought up before in another FIF.

Using Android app v2.34.0 (b61768).

the Images are for my V2. The V3 Firmware which was halted also provides the individual AI notifications. In any event, I am asking for consistency between Menu options and between Devices like iOS and Android. I test in both and see some differences and functionality or even layout.

Thank you for the reply. I did not bite on the now-halted v3 beta firmware, after what the v2 and Pan v1 beta firmware did to my cameras (still waiting for those fixes). Good to know though that the additional functionality will be in the V3s when the new firmware is released. I did vote for your post. :grinning:

1 Like

V3 Starlight Sensor: Image Brightness & Clarity and Light Levels required for Auto IR NV on\off have been significantly degraded by Firmware update(s)

There have been many reports in the forum of serious degradation in the quality of the V3 cam image, especially in IR NV, resulting from a recent Firmware update. The IR NV and Color NV are significantly darker than previously documented. Also, the image quality is very poor: grainy with excessive digital artifacts. Image quality in color daytime has also lost it’s previous clarity with many digital artifacts, motion trails, and skipping.

Reported and documented here:

The change in image brightness and quality coincides with a change in the light levels required for the V3 to Auto engage and disengage IR NV. Cams will switch into IR NV in very low light conditions, but will never disengage IR NV when light levels far exceed the threshold to engage it. Forcing a settings cycle (on\off\auto) back into Auto will return it to Color vision until the extreme low light engages IR NV again.

Reported here:

13 Likes

Wyze Cam Pan V1 assigned to CamPlus is only recording 11s or 12s Event Videos, cutting off Event Videos while active motion is occuring, and is not properly activating \ recording Person Detection events

This issue has been reported in the past with logs submitted, however it has been going on for some time without resolution. Just wanted to get it on the tracking list for Fix-it Friday.

Reported here;

6 Likes

@spamoni, I agree that the continuity between the two settings pages (Smart Detection \ Notifications) should be improved.

Additionally, I have noticed that when the Smart Detection for a specific AI is disabled, the corresponding Notification setting for that AI remains active and able to be toggled on and off:

If I have the Smart Detection for a specific AI toggled off, shouldn’t the Notifications toggle for that same AI also be off\disabled? I can’t think of a reason anyone would want\need to toggle these notifications if the CamPlus isn’t going to tag them. IMO, it creates some confusion being able to toggle the specific AI notifications on thinking that the Smart Detection settings are also on when they are not. Or, perhaps when turning on the Notification for that AI the Smart Detection is automatically enabled since that is required in order to get a notification?

The Sound Detection Notification setting, for example, will not activate unless the Sound Detection Event Recording toggle setting is on.

3 Likes

Absolutely. If it is not a select AI for Event Recording, then the corresponding Notification AI attribute should be disabled as well.

Good catch.

3 Likes

Also, I would like to record certain AI events (e.g., Vehicle) but not get a notification of them.

1 Like

Event videos are cut off on WCP2 with CamPlus as well. I have not scrubbed all of them, but one example I have here is cut off at 23s and then a second video 19s long.

2 Likes

Voted !!!

1 Like

This should be possible? Enable vehicle in event recording, but disable it in notification settings.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are asking if or telling me that it is possible. :slight_smile: Either way, no, it is not possible with the WCPV2. You can be notified of all AI events or none–there is no granularity, unlike with the WCPV1.

1 Like

Oh, didn’t know you were referring to the pan. Sorry

1 Like

As you already know from our previous exchanges, This is something that Wyze is already working on. The granularity in the AI specific notification settings you described is only currently available on limited cams since the function was being developed and tested. The V3 was slated to have this in the next FW release as the Betas did report it appearing within their Beta test.

I am certainly a fan of having it on the WCPv1!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Looking For an Indoor Camera

My issue is definitely with my WCPv1’s. My WCPv2 is recording clips as expected. My WCPv1’s either limit the clips to 11-12 seconds, or they will break up longer events into multiple back-to-back clips with sections of the event often missing. Motion and AI (people, vehicle, pets) events are often missed or sporadic. Occasionally the WCPv1 will record a longer clip, but the longer clips will always produce an error when trying to view.

As a test, I placed one of my Cam Pan v1 and v2 side by side to record the same event(s) and the results are completely different and clearly show the issue with Cam Plus on the WCPv1 cameras. I will post screenshots of the event clips below. The camera labeled “Living Room Cam” is the WCP version-1 and the camera labeled “Front Porch 2 (new)” is the WCP version-2.

@WyzeDesmond, please let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

4 Likes

Often trying to play back a recorded clip on the Events page it gets stuck trying to load. I have to close the clip and open it again to get it to play. It seems to be happening more often and it’s not an issue with my home network. I have numerous V2 and V3 camera’s and it happens on all of them.

6 Likes

VDB (Video Doorbell) stuck at 3/3: Ever since the FW version 4.25.1.060 is “re-opened to the public after review” on 7/28/22, my VDB has not stuck on 3/3 and works well. This suggests to me that the fault was not with the device FW but with the “authentication software” somewhere at the back end server. Can you confirm this? If this is the case, what problem does the new beta FW solve?

1 Like