Fix-It Friday 12/2/22

Thanks! :+1: Did not know this.

2 Likes

I will try again on my bug:

Wyze Switch - Issues with making modifications to “Additional Controls” - Power & Lighting - Wyze Forum

2 Likes

I am afraid Wyze software/firmware is nothing more than beta. After upgrading to the Cam v3 Pro I have not been able to view any events recorded to the cloud on my cellphone. I can only view live camera events on my cellphone. Every time I try to view recorded events on my cellphone I get a code 09 Video Player error and the videos will not play. I’ve tried everything to resolve this, including starting from scratch with reinstalling the cameras. I’ve even uninstalled the app on my cellphone and reinstalled the app. This action got live stream working again, but that’s all. I can view recorded to the cloud events on Webview but not on my cellphone. I cannot view live streaming events on Webview. Nothing the “Wizards” or customer support has told me to do from their checklist approach to problems solving has worked. I’m ready to give up on Wyze and go with another provider.

1 Like

Delete. Add to wish list. This is not an existing feature. Read instructions.

Howdy, folks! :cowboy_hat_face:

Per request, we’ll be adjusting our document to have a slightly different order than before where requests that need more information from our community members will be at the top. Let us know how this feels and if it helps, please! Here’s our update for this week:

Reddit - No motion detection notifications on Wyze Cam v3 Pro when a custom detection zone is set :pensive:

Could you please send in logs if you’re experiencing this? Here’s how to do it:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply so we can get it to the right folks.

Core - Videos are not uploading to the cloud :cloud:

We have beta firmware for Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam Pan v2 releasing tomorrow that is targeting connectivity and Event Video stability. Hopefully this will do the trick! If you’re a beta tester, please give us feedback once you’re able to test the firmware.

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not live streaming in the app properly during the day but works properly at night even without night vision enabled :thinking:

We’re looking into this and we’ll let you know if we have any follow-up questions!

Discord - Wyze Cam Outdoor image is not saving the rotate 180 degrees setting and it must be reapplied when entering the live stream :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We have halted the Wyze Cam Outdoor camera and Base Station firmware that was released on December 7th while we look into this issue. Thanks for the report! We’ll let you know if we have further questions.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :frowning_face:

We’re still looking for microSD card logs for this topic! We’ve received a few and we really appreciate the help. If you’re experiencing this and have a microSD card and a computer that can read the card, please send us a log to look at. Here’s how:

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds. On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named as xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :clock1:

This fix will be in an upcoming Wyze Cam v3 release. But that’s pending some other critical bug fixes before we can release it.

Discord - Cameras that are subscribed to Cam Plus Lite cannot enable person detection when a camera is in Wyze Home Monitoring :thinking:

No further update here. We’ve been able to reproduce this issue from our side and are looking through the logs. Thanks for the help!

Reddit - Event recordings are skipping/stuttering :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is a top priority for us. We’ve been making progress but it isn’t finalized. For this one, there’s work from our side but we also have to work with our partners like AWS. We know this has been an issue and we apologize for how long it’s been taking to fix it.

Reddit - Wyze Outdoor Cam gets stuck at 1/3 without reset of the base station :one:

The currently halted Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware is expected to help with this. We’ll keep you updated about progress.

Forum - Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

We are still planning this change for the 2.38 app and are making progress!

Wyze Lock Bolt doesn’t auto-unlock when the “Disable during hours” schedule ends until someone manually locks the door again :nut_and_bolt:

It’s time to bring this one back! We’re doing a combo firmware release with a Wyze Video Doorbell integration and we expect this firmware to be released before the end of the year. The current plan is for the firmware to be released to beta next week.

Thanks for your time! We’ll see you next week for Fix-It Friday.

3 Likes

Jason,

I have been posting this over and over again on these Fix-It Fridays. Why aren’t you adding it to the list? Do you need me to submit logs, open an incident, whatever?

This post too (1 year ago). All 3 of my wall switches do this. I love the wall switches but wish this was fixed.

1 Like

We add one issue from each community that gets the most votes essentially. However if you can submit a log on these issues and let me know what firmware the switch is on and what app version you are running I will escalate both issues internally and see what I can find out about them.

3 Likes

Firmware 1.2.23
App Version 2.38.0 (b150)
Pixel 5 - Android 13

App Log # 844511
Switch Log # 844506

Issue: The editing and coming back to edit appears to be fixed (That may have happened a couple revisions ago of the app update). What I can confirm right now is that I can’t add a 2nd Action (of any kind) for the same bulb to the switch.

1. I think what I’m seeing is… I can add 2 actions for a Bulb 1. Brightness & Color as an example.
  2. I then go to add the same 2 actions to another bulb in the room and I can ONLY choose 1 action. Brightness OR Color for Bulb 2.
  3. I can add (to the existing set of 3 actions) a single action for any other bulb… Brightness for the kitchen… Purple for the Office… But if I try to make the Office 100% Bright after adding the Purple Action… it won’t add. The switch simply ignores it.

So try on your end… Take 2 - Color Bulbs. And try to add 4 actions to the “Additional Controls” (Triple/Double tap) of the Switch.

Bulb 1 - 100% Brightness
Bulb 1 - Color Selection Purple
Bulb 2 - 100% Brightness
Bulb 2 - Color Selection Purple

I’m guessing “Bulb 2- Color Selection Purple” will not add.

4 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I have sent this up to the team and I will also see if I can reproduce it in just a bit.

2 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ - Update on the issue…

The “editing” issue I have detailed is still a problem. In my previous post, to determine those steps, I had to edit my Office & Bedroom switch several times to detail the results. Everything was working last night, but then time passes and the “Additional Controls”, no longer work. Double, Triple, Long-Press… stop working. I have observed this before and couldn’t put my finger on what was going on.

So 2 issues…

#1 - Can’t add multiple actions for a bulb… 1 action per bulb. You can add all kinds of other actions, like lock door, vacuum the floor, turn off sirens, whatever… just not 2 actions on a Color Bulb (I don’t have Smart Bulb v2 to test).

#2 - Editing Wyze switches “Additional Controls”, creates a condition that makes “Additional Controls” stop working. (NOTE: Single Press still works). This is not immediately seen. 12-18 hours later (or less??), the issue appears.

Log # 846509 - Office Switch
Log # 846512 - Bedroom Switch
Log # 846515 - Wyze App

I can say that I’ve seen this behavior from Day 1. It’s a very weird behavior but it is VERY repeatable.

FIX: I have to BLANK the actions out of all the “Additional Controls”. All of them. Save the config… Go back to HOME of Wyze app, PULL-DOWN on the app to make it up-load the changes to everything…Then go back in the switches and set everything up from scratch.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hi, everybody! :grinning:

Thanks for joining us once again for Fix-It Friday! Let’s get started:

Reddit - No motion detection notifications on Wyze Cam v3 Pro when a custom detection zone is set :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you to the folks who sent in logs for us! We’re taking a look at them but could use some more. Here’s how to do to give us logs:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply so we can get it to the right folks.

Core - Videos are not uploading to the cloud :frowning_face:

We are seeing improvement from last week’s beta firmware but not enough. So today, we released a new firmware build with further improvement. If you’re a beta tester, please test out the camera firmware this week and give your feedback in the beta areas! We feel optimistic about this build based on the data but really want your input.

Discord - Wyze Cam Outdoor image is not saving the rotate 180 degrees setting and it must be reapplied when entering the live stream :thinking:

The Wyze Cam Outdoor Base Station firmware from last week is available again because it wasn’t involved with this bug. We have beta firmware for Wyze Cam Outdoor v1 and Wyze Cam Outdoor v2 releasing today. Beta testers, please keep an eye out for it and let us know how it performs!

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not live streaming in the app properly during the day but works properly at night even without night vision enabled :frowning_face:

We’ve identified a temporary fix for this but are still looking into the root cause. We’ve also confirmed that this is only happening to a portion of iOS users and not to everyone. We aren’t going to make it in time for the 2.38 app release but we’re aiming to fix this on 2.39.

Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :thinking:

Our hunt for microSD card logs continues! We have some and are taking a look at them. Thank you so much for the help! If you’re experiencing this and have a microSD card and a computer that can read the card, please send us a log to look at. Here’s how:

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two “ding” sounds usually within 30 seconds. On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named as xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Reddit - Event recordings are skipping/stuttering :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is one of our top priority fixes. We’ve been making progress from our side but it isn’t finalized. For this one, there’s the stuff we need to change but we also have to work with our partners like AWS to fully resolve the problem. We know this has been an issue and we apologize for how long it’s been taking to fix it.

Discord - Cameras that are subscribed to Cam Plus Lite cannot enable person detection when a camera is in Wyze Home Monitoring :pensive:

This actually was by previous design but we’re talking to the team about timelines for adjusting this. We think the earliest will be the 2.41 app since we’re still working on resolving issues with the Security Camera feature so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to fix this bug first.

Forum - Wyze Lock Bolt doesn’t auto-unlock when the “Disable during hours” schedule ends until someone manually locks the door again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s time to bring this back! We might miss the end of the year deadline because the beta hasn’t started and we’re going to have some blocked off time for software releases due to the holiday. But this fix is ready when the firmware is so we’re still in a good position!

Forum - Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

We are still planning this change for the 2.38 app and are on track!

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 microSD card playback is skipping the first minute of every hour (excluding midnight) :clock1:

This fix will be in an upcoming Wyze Cam v3 release. But that’s still waiting in line behind some other critical bug fixes before we can tackle it.

Reddit - Wyze Outdoor Cam gets stuck at 1/3 without reset of the base station :one:

We have the new Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware going to our beta testers today. Thank you for your patience!

And that’s a wrap! Thanks for joining us this week for Fix-It Friday. If you see anyone experiencing the issues above, please guide them over to this post!

3 Likes

I’m beta testing this fix right now and it is AWESOME!!! Props to the devs for this great fix!!!

For anyone interested, you can see examples on how well this is working in my report in the public beta thread here:

It has been working GREAT for almost 10 days now on all 3 of my air purifiers! I would say you can expect a great solution whenever they push out the app and firmware update to the public.

2 Likes

I suspect this is due to interference from adjacent wifi networks. I couldn’t get my V3Pro to stream at all until I reduced the bandwidth to SD or 360p. My old V3 got three bars of signal strength. The new V3 Pro only gets TWO in the identical location. Either the V3 Pro doesn’t discriminate well, or it’s wifi is less sensitive. It easy to say the bandwidth is greater with 2K streaming, but less bars on the wifi is more likely the problem.

Or the scale is different between devices. I have seen that in many devices - and not just inexpensive IoT devices. I work in a city Radio Shop and every time Motorola releases a new product line, the Receive Signal Strength Indicator scale changes. I’m talking about radios costing many thousands of dollars each.

Happy holidays! :grinning:

We have a bunch of people out on PTO for family time and holiday observation. We don’t expect a lot of progress on these for a couple of weeks but we’ll keep you in the know! Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

Reddit - No motion detection notifications on Wyze Cam v3 Pro when a custom detection zone is set :pensive:

We’re still looking for logs on this! We’ve been going through them and are working on resolving this problem. Here’s how to do to give us logs:

Core - Videos are not uploading to the cloud :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The firmware we recently released has significantly improved the success rate for video uploads. If you’re still having difficulty with videos not uploading to the cloud, please speak up now! Otherwise, we’ll remove this from the update list in the upcoming weeks.

Discord - Wyze Cam Outdoor image is not saving the rotate 180 degrees setting and it must be reapplied when entering the live stream :upside_down_face:

We have beta firmware currently in testing that seems to have fully resolved this issue. We’re keeping an eye on the beta feedback! If you’re testing the beta firmware and still experiencing this issue, please let us know now!

Forum - Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not live streaming in the app properly during the day but works properly at night even without night vision enabled :thinking:

We are still on track for 2.39!

Core - Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable :frowning_face:

No further update here. Our hunt for microSD card logs continues! We have some and are taking a look at them. Thank you so much for the help! If you’re experiencing this and have a microSD card and a computer that can read the card, please send us a log to look at. Here’s how:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

Forum - Wyze Lock Bolt doesn’t auto-unlock when the “Disable during hours” schedule ends until someone manually locks the door again :pensive:

We’re planning to start releasing beta firmware for this next week or the week after. Thank you for your patience!

The 2.38 app has been released to the public! We’re waiting on the air purifier firmware to be released and expect that to happen in the upcoming weeks.

This changes in the recent firmware update were pretty significant so we moved this one to the next update build to make sure QA could do a full regression test on schedule. Thank you for your patience!

We have a new firmware build for beta expected to release either next week or shortly after the new year.

Reddit - Event recordings are skipping/stuttering :thinking:

We’ll be working on this issue after our folks come back from the holiday break. We’ll let you know about the progress after the new year!

Discord - Cameras that are subscribed to Cam Plus Lite cannot enable person detection when a camera is in Wyze Home Monitoring :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We don’t have a further update on this one so here’s the info from before: This actually was by previous design but we’re talking to the team about timelines for adjusting this. We think the earliest will be the 2.41 app since we’re still working on resolving issues with the Security Camera feature so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to fix this bug first.

And that does it for this update! Thank you for your time. We’ll chat with you next week!

3 Likes

Howdy, folks! :wave:

Thanks for tuning in for this week’s Fix-It Friday follow-up! It’s a holiday sprint with a lot of Wyze employees out on PTO. Because of this, we don’t really have new updates for you. Sorry about that! We’ll let you know if we have more updates next week though that may be a light week for us as well. We’ll also have a new bug callout next weekend so please start thinking about bugs you want to submit or vote for! :bug:

If you’re curious about the current status of Fix-It Friday updates, please read the post above! :point_up:

4 Likes

Honestly, I like this reply. It indicates to me that Wyze shows their employees respect and wants them to be able to enjoy having time with their families, and sees and treats their employees as humans should be treated.

That’s not to say that am I not anxious for fixes, improvements, etc., but I like the transparency and the fact that Wyze is respecting employees to have their vacations and PTO during this time when everyone really wants to be with their families. Instead of denying their PTO and vacations to try to show something got done during these 2 weeks or so.

I can’t speak for everyone, but you get a solid pass from me. :+1:

3 Likes

Happy 2023, everyone!

We just posted the callout for new bug submissions for January! So please hop over to the new post if you have something (like Error Code -1 cough, cough) that you want to vote for.
We don’t have many updates from last week. But we did release Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware that fixes the rotate image 180 degrees setting! That’s our only real change for Fix-It Friday.

We’ll be back in the other post next week to cover our new submissions and update the existing ones.

Here is a link to January’s Fix-It Friday. See you there.

3 Likes