Fix-It Friday - 1/5/2024

Hello, everyone!

We have a new batch of Fix-It Friday updates for you. Thank you for submitting and voting on issues. Let’s get started.

:thermostat: Forum - Wyze Thermostat drops offline often :thermostat:

Our developers are looking into this issue. If your thermostat drops offline, could you submit a log and post the log number here

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:doorbell: Core - Wyze Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees :doorbell:

Looks like we may have found a cause, but we need some logs to be sure. Could you please submit a log if your notifications are coming in with a rotated image?

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:floodlight: Reddit - No audio playback on Wyze Cam v3 when connected to Wyze Cam Floodlight accessory :floodlight:

We need some logs to help us with this one. If you are having this issue, could you please submit a log?

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 not loading in group view :cam_v3:

Another issue and another request for logs. We know it can be an inconvenience, but it really helps us. Please send one in if you have this issue.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:man_beard: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_beard:

We are working on revamping things to create a better experience, so we will remove this from the list temporarily and let you know when we have an update. Thank you for your patience.

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_v3:

We are currently looking into the logs and recordings we have been given but can really use some more. Here is the process:

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

We have not heard much feedback on this one. If it is still affecting you, please let us know and submit a log. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

We are still looking into this. Please send in a log if you are having this issue.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

I do not have any updates on this one, but we are still looking into it. Could I get a log if you still have this issue?

:cam_pan_v3: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :cam_pan_v3:

We are still looking into the logs and MAC addresses we were given, but it never hurts to have more. If you haven’t sent one in and this is affecting you, could we please get the MAC address to check logs?

Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button :floppy_disk:

Is this still happening to you? If so, please let us know.

:angry: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :angry:

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know by contacting support and opening a ticket as we will need to get your account info to troubleshoot further. After opening the support ticket, please post the ticket number here.

:disappointed: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :disappointed:

Thank you for your patience with this! Could you get us some more screen recordings to help us?

:v3_spotlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :v3_spotlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Please give us updates and logs if you are experiencing the issues so we can get these fixed! Tune in next week for more updates.

3 Likes