Fix-It Friday - 1/5/2024

@Rulwiz
Can you get me a log from one of the cameras that will not load?

2 Likes

Also made a log id for the video playback issue. I will say not 100% on stutter, mine more just freezes. But it freezes at the same spots so I’m sure that is how it’s getting record. Attached a video to log file. I do wonder if it’s an issue with the sd write speed. But not really sure how to test that.

Log id: 1283271

1 Like

Hello, everyone!

We have a new batch of Fix-It Friday updates for you. Thank you for submitting and voting on issues. Let’s get started.

:thermostat: Forum - Wyze Thermostat drops offline often :thermostat:

Our developers are looking into this issue. If your thermostat drops offline, could you submit a log and post the log number here

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:doorbell: Core - Wyze Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees :doorbell:

Looks like we may have found a cause, but we need some logs to be sure. Could you please submit a log if your notifications are coming in with a rotated image?

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:floodlight: Reddit - No audio playback on Wyze Cam v3 when connected to Wyze Cam Floodlight accessory :floodlight:

We need some logs to help us with this one. If you are having this issue, could you please submit a log?

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 not loading in group view :cam_v3:

Another issue and another request for logs. We know it can be an inconvenience, but it really helps us. Please send one in if you have this issue.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:man_beard: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_beard:

We are working on revamping things to create a better experience, so we will remove this from the list temporarily and let you know when we have an update. Thank you for your patience.

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_v3:

We are currently looking into the logs and recordings we have been given but can really use some more. Here is the process:

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

We have not heard much feedback on this one. If it is still affecting you, please let us know and submit a log. Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

We are still looking into this. Please send in a log if you are having this issue.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

I do not have any updates on this one, but we are still looking into it. Could I get a log if you still have this issue?

:cam_pan_v3: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :cam_pan_v3:

We are still looking into the logs and MAC addresses we were given, but it never hurts to have more. If you haven’t sent one in and this is affecting you, could we please get the MAC address to check logs?

Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button :floppy_disk:

Is this still happening to you? If so, please let us know.

:angry: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :angry:

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know by contacting support and opening a ticket as we will need to get your account info to troubleshoot further. After opening the support ticket, please post the ticket number here.

:disappointed: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :disappointed:

Thank you for your patience with this! Could you get us some more screen recordings to help us?

:v3_spotlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :v3_spotlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Please give us updates and logs if you are experiencing the issues so we can get these fixed! Tune in next week for more updates.

3 Likes

FYI,
The V3 4.36.11.8391 firmware did NOT fix the stuttering video event playback on Cam+ for me. If I turn ON “record sound” under advanced settings, all is smooth.
When my V3 Pro updates, I will check it out.
Thanks

I was just writing this weeks update and for the stuttering issue we are still looking for some logs and screen recordings that show the stuttering. If you are able please send those in. I apologize if you already have, we have a few but are looking for more.

1 Like

Howdy, friends!

We have a new batch of Fix-It Friday updates for you. Let’s get started.

Our developers are still looking into this issue. If your thermostat drops offline, please submit a log and post the log number here.

:doorbell: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees :doorbell:

Can you let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? If you are, could you please submit a log and post a screenshot? Here is the process:

We could use some more logs if you are experiencing this problem. Please send one in, here is the process:

:floodlight: Reddit - No audio playback on Wyze Cam v3 when connected to Wyze Cam Floodlight accessory :floodlight:

The engineers are still looking into this issue but do not yet have an update. Thank you for your patience.

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail Show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

We haven’t heard much back on this. Is it still affecting you? If we do not hear anything we will go ahead and remove this next week.

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware or (iOS app) breaks microSD card button :floppy_disk:

Is this still happening to you? If we don’t hear anything, we will remove this next week.

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_v3:

We could really use some more logs and screen recordings for this that demonstrate the issue. Here is how to do that:

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

We need some more logs from you to help us resolve this problem. Please send in a log if you are having this issue.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

If this is still happening to you, could I get a log please? Here is how to get us that log:

:cam_pan_v3: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :cam_pan_v3:

We are still looking into the information you have provided, but it always helps to have more. If you haven’t sent one in and this is affecting you, could we please get the MAC address to check logs?

Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us in this thread. We’ve been checking on the logs we have so far and will share more info when we have it!

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience, but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

We could really use some logs and screen recordings that show this issue happening. Here is the process:

:v3_spotlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :v3_spotlight:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

As always, thank you for reading! Please give us updates and logs if you are experiencing the problems above so we can get these fixed! We will be back at the same time next week with more updates.

2 Likes

For the next fix it friday: how about looking into why in landscape mode on some devices the wyze notifications are cut off on the top and bottom. Though in portrait mode the notifications are normal.

I’m encountering this issue on my lg stylo 5 (android 10), my ugoos am7 (android 11), and a few other devices.

Related to this, I will chime in with support for the subject that I just had someone on Discord recently mention that their Video doorbell notifications are sideways now.

It sounds like something happened in the app recently to affect people’s notifications. I, personally, haven’t noticed anything abnormal yet though.

1 Like

For the LED lights not working right when viewing:

2 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ I have the stutter playback problem as well and just submitted a log like you’ve asked. Log 1294119. I got so frustrated with this stutter issue that I cancelled my paid version but will come back once it is fixed.

@nanjhoff
Thank you for the log, did you send a screen recording with it?, If not can you send me a screen recording showing the issue, the worse the stutter the better.

1 Like

Jason,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I didn’t send a recording as didn’t know I was supposed to. However, I just now went back and watched those events and made several recordings of both of them showing really choppy stutters. I thought to myself, “Cool, those should really help him figure this out”… So then I transferred the recording files to my computer and watched them on my computer and the recordings do not stutter!!! They play back as smooth as can be. I then went back to the Wyze app on my phone, went to “events” and watched them both again and they stuttered horribly! And then I went to the saved recording files on my phone, and the watched the recordings there and they do not stutter.

So that might be some key information for your investigation. It is only on playback in the events tab that the stuttering occurs. If you record the playback even while it is stuttering, the recording does not save the stutters.

Hope that helps narrow down where the problem is occurring. It seems the problem occurs during the playback function of the event on the events section of the app and not on the footage itself.

Nancy

2 Likes

This is very interesting, did you use the download button on the events or actually screen record the video?

From the app Home screen, I clicked on Events, selected the event, clicked Playback, and then when it started playing I pressed the Record button on that same screen between the Take Photo button and the Sound button.

From Nancy

1 Like

Do you know how to record your phone screen instead of downloading the video? That way we will see what you are seeing.

1 Like

I do not know how to record my phone screen as I’m watching something. However, I used my husband’s phone to record my screen as I’m watching. I am trying to upload 2 of these recordings but it tells me new users cannot upload attachments. One of them shows the ghosting that often happens but not the exact stuttering I was talking about. The other shows the same event after I’ve watched it several times already. The stuttering and ghosting typically happens the first several times I watch an event but then it stops. However, if I restart the camera, then the stuttering/ghosting will start happening again the first several times I watch that event again. Hopefully I’m explaining that well enough and it helps you in your investigation. I will try to get these recordings to you somehow.

A few minutes later: I see you’ve changed my account to allow me to upload a file, but it says my file is too large. I am trying to figure out how to make it smaller but honestly this is way above my pay grade lol. I am not very tech savvy but I really want to help you figure this out because it seems like a lot of people have this problem.

Stuttering Event Playback:
The V3/V3Pro event videos do NOT stutter on playback when using my.wyze.com/live
It is only in the event viewer on my two pixel phones (6a and 8).
If I turn “Record Sound” ON under advanced settings and generate a new motion event, the video playback is smooth. If I turn OFF “Record Sound” under advanced settings and generate a motion event, back to stuttering. I want to leave “Record Sound” OFF.

@WyzeJasonJ @IEatBeans Here is what I see the first several times I watch an event: https://youtube.com/shorts/jqKIWxJi01U
And here is the same exact event after I’ve already watched it about 10 times: https://youtube.com/shorts/XeEjuZ4Hs-M
Once the ghosting/stuttering clears up, if I restart the camera, the ghosting returns for an event until I’ve watched it several times again. Hope this helps you see what I see.

1 Like

Happy Friday, friends!

We have a new batch of Fix-It Friday updates for all of you! Remember, if you see anyone experiencing one of these problems, please send them over to the post! Let’s get started.

:doorbell: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees :doorbell:

Are you still experiencing this issue? If you are, could you please submit a log and post a screenshot? Here is the process:

We made some improvements in the 2.49 app based on the logs we had. Let us know if you see improvement. If not, please give us a new log. Here is the process:

Thank you to everyone who sent in logs, the developers are currently looking into them. I will let you know when I have a further update.

The engineers have now been able to replicate this and are looking into the cause. Thank you for your patience.

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro:

Thank you for the logs and videos. The engineers are looking into them, but we could use some more if you can help us out. Here is how to do that:

We think we have a fix for this currently in QA testing for a future firmware release.

We have had some updates since this was reported. Please let us know if it is resolved. If you still have the issue, please send us a log.

We are still looking into the information you have provided, I will pass along an update when I know more.

We are looking into the logs and screen recordings we received.

This is now heading to QA testing for a future firmware release.

As always, thank you for reading! Have a great weekend! We will be back at the same time next week with more updates.

2 Likes

nanjhoff:
That “ghosting” you recorded in that video is NOT the “stuttering” I am seeing on the V3/V3 Pro Cam+ event playback. I have seen that exact “ghosting” on SDcard playback on my V3Pro though. It does not do it all the time, only occasionally.
The video in my “stuttering” is clear, just jerky playback, and is easily fixed if I go into “advanced settings” and turn on “record sound”, then play a newly recorded cloud event via the event viewer. Great job getting that posted for WyzeJasonJ !!
Thanks!