Fix-It Friday - 1/5/2024

I get the stuttering you are talking about as well, but it wouldn’t do it for me when I was trying to record it of course :confused: I tried your trick of not recording sound, but the stuttering still happened for me unfortunately.

@WyzeJasonJ
I have three V3 cameras tied to CAM PLUS that have “record sound” disabled in camera settings, advanced settings . Any events recorded to the WYZE cloud all stutter when viewing the event. I started a new thread and was told about the post I quoted above by @carverofchoice .

Cam1 (driveway) log: 1301025
Cam2 (porch) log: 1301029
Cam3 (ground) log: 1301032

Side note, I just tried enabling sound recording on the ground cam for a few minutes. The single event caught after doing so plays back without stuttering. I had tried this in the past but it did not resolve the issue. It looks like you all may be getting close to resolving the issue? Hope these logs help.

Known1

Edit:
Here is the other thread I created: 3 out of 4 V3 CAM PLUS cameras have stuttering / freezing playback when not recording sound/audio

Edit:
I thought I should mention that I have sound recording disabled on another V3 that is not CAM PLUS. All of the 12 second event recordings can be viewed without any stuttering.

3 Likes

Known1,
That is interesting!
I wonder does the Cam+(less) camera in event viewing mode give the 1x, 2x, 4x capability on playback, or is it locked to 1x?
I have Cam+ unlimited so all of mine are going through Cam+.
Thanks

1 Like

Happy Friday, friends!

We have a callout for new issues today, so make sure to let us know what you are experiencing. We also have a new update for you. Here’s our Fix-It Friday follow-up:

:doorbell: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees :doorbell:

Thank you for the screenshots and logs. We have identified the root cause and are working on the solution. I will update you when I know more.

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 not loading in group view :cam_v3:

Some of you are saying this is still happening. Could you please make sure you are on the 2.49 app and up to date firmware? Once the issue happens again, please send us a new log so we can continue looking into the issue.

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:thermostat: Forum - Wyze Thermostat drops offline often :thermostat:

The engineers are still looking into this. I will let you know when I have a further update.

:floodlight: Reddit - No audio playback on Wyze Cam v3 when connected to Wyze Cam Floodlight accessory :floodlight:

The developers have now been able to replicate this and are looking into the cause. Thank you for your patience.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:cam_v3: :cam_v3_pro: Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings :cam_v3_pro: :cam_v3:

We have received more logs and videos but are still having trouble tracking down the cause of this. We could use some more examples if you are willing to help out:

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:vertical_traffic_light: Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro :vertical_traffic_light:

This is still in QA testing for a future firmware release.

:doorbell_v2: Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v2 detection zone not saving if not enough blocks are selected :doorbell_v2:

We have not heard if this is still happening. If it is, please let us know or we will be removing this next week.

:cam_pan_v3: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :cam_pan_v3:

We are still looking into the information you have provided, I will pass along an update when I know more.

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

:disappointed: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :disappointed:

We are looking into the logs and screen recordings we received.

:v3_spotlight: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :v3_spotlight:

This is currently in QA testing for a future firmware release.

Thank you for reading! Have a great weekend! Don’t forget we have a call out for new issues today! Please post and vote on issues that are frustrating you.

Here is a link to Februarys callout, please post any updates or new issues there.

2 Likes