Firmware Versions 4.9.4.169 and 4.10.3.169 Released!

Hi @UserCustomerGwen - Did this update impact the Google streaming? Mine is loading, attempting to display, but then just goes dark and no display. Seems to just keep loading, or something is reflected in the progress bar on the bottom which runs with a timer and doesn’t stop

@jjr, have you sent in a log about those green bands? We’d love to look into that further. You can do this through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue.

@mowbray.david, are you talking about the person not having the motion tagging box around them when they first came into the frame or something else?

@kyphos, I brought up the offline recording issue again. And I know that the audio issue is being worked on but I don’t have timelines to promise for that (yet).

@cptawesome, sorry for the trouble! We’re happy to hear that you were able to find a workaround although we apologize for it including so many hoops to jump through.

@ghstudio, we usually don’t include the current firmware on that page since the app should allow updating to the current version if you use a previous version.

@StopICU33, your cat has a lot of PERSONality! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@desixel, are you still having difficulty with the upgrade?

@jhalden, I don’t think it impacted Google Assistant streaming but I can look into it. Are you still having trouble with the integration?

3 Likes

Hi @UserCustomerGwen - I often have to unlink and relink Wyze to Google, it seems whenever I move between my two locations that both have Wyze cams and G Home. It’s not great. But once that’s done, the stream has typically worked with an initial delay. Now it isn’t loading at all, just stuck in process.

I see this same issue on.my old S4 but not on my new S10.

I was told it was due to hardware acceleration being disabled.

Yes, Hardware acceleration being disabled will (hopefully) be addressed in the next app version. I say hopefully because they think they may have addressed it, just yet to be proven.

1 Like

Cameras, since the recent update, are acquired with lightning speed on my iPhone since the latest Wyze firmware update. Deliberate or a byproduct, either way it is great. All other things on my device remain unchanged. Thank you for that.

3 Likes

That’s really nice to hear! I too noticed a bit faster response but I attributed it to my new router.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen When I try to send feed to a Chromecast, Google Assistant will tell me that it is offline even though it is not.

I use a Samsung S4 Active w/ Android 5.0.1 which is still supported by the Wyze App. But now, the “green band” problem is gone.

I wonder whether Android 5.0.1 is getting a bit “old” for the App to perform as expected?

1 Like

You say the green bars are gone , what app version are you on ?
Did they go away after this firmware update ?

App is 2.5.30. The problem occurred prior to the upgrade to F/W .169 then continued after the F/W upgrade. After a couple of days and restarts of the App the problem is now gone.

1 Like

Did the green bars go away after this firmware update ?

1 Like

Wow. I just checked my S4 with 5.x and the green bars are still there. :thinking:

I installed app V2.5.30 to test again on my S4 with android 5 , green bars are still there and I can’t even view live view for more than 15-20 seconds it just goes back to the home page

1 Like

Likewise.

For people using Android devices that are older or perhaps lower end with impacted viewing, would you like to try our beta build? We have an improvement that we’re currently testing.

Become a Beta Tester

I talked to the team about the Google Assistant issue that a couple of people reported and I’ll have them look into it.

3 Likes

Hey @UserCustomerGwen I just wanna know why my wyze cam don’t works with Google home…

Im having a problem installing the updates, it gets to about 99% then I get a sad face saying upgrade failed. Any ideas?

After i upgraded to the new firmware 4.9.4.169 person detection stopped working. In my events are only “motion detection” notifications no longer “person detections.” I’ve rebooted all camera’s but that not solve the problem

Any guidance appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @fobar ! If you haven’t already done so, make sure you double check all the settings. Wyze app > Account Tab > Wyze Service > Person Detection.
For some reason, I have experienced a few times after updating, my settings get changed or turned off. This may not be the same situation for you, but I would check just to make sure things didn’t get turned off after the update.

I’m using Android and the issues vary with the different OS. If you need further assistance, you can contact the Wyze support team here.

2 Likes