UPDATED 1/22/20 - Firmware For All Wyze Cams and Wyze Bulb Released - 1/21/20

UPDATE 1/22/20:

As some of you noticed, we paused the firmware upgrades for Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan yesterday. We found a couple of issues that did not surface during the beta testing rounds that would lead to load issues with our cloud and connectivity problems for people using Wyze Cams in groups on iOS devices.

We are still working on the fixes for these issues and they will require another firmware upgrade later. In the meantime, no further devices will be upgraded to the new firmware and we are working on solutions to these problems. We expect to have a resolution in the near future. If you are having trouble viewing groups after the firmware update, please contact our customer support team so we can help:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We apologize for this experience and appreciate your patience.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hello, forum friends!

Our 2.8 firmware is going out today! This includes experience improvements for Wyze Cams v1, v2, and Pan. We also have an update for Wyze Bulb that will give customers an option for what their bulb does after a power outage.

Please note that the camera firmware removes the Person Detection from your Wyze Cams. We’re making progress on our version and look forward to having it ready for you as soon as possible.

Firmware versions:

v1: 3.9.4.32
v2: 4.9.5.94
Pan: 4.10.5.94
Bulb: 1.2.0.183

Here’s what’s happening with the camera firmware:

• Removed XNOR person detection
  • Added support for ejecting microSD cards
  • Improvements for syncing video and audio
  • Fixed event videos making noise when camera has disabled sound recording and CMC service is being used
  • Other bug fixes

This is the Wyze Bulb firmware change:

• Added support for power loss recovery options

You can read our other release notes at:

8 Likes

Thank you for the heads-up @UserCustomerGwen ! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for this update. As soon as possible - any change you can be more specific on target date for such an important feature?

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I can’t be more specific yet. I know we’re getting closer to the testing phase but we have internal testing to do before we start sending it out and timelines depend on the test results.

2 Likes

Thanks for the honest response. I know you want this feature back as much as your users do.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I appreciate your understanding and patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a much better response than silence. The engagement is appreciated.

5 Likes

I’m happy to help. :slight_smile:

Hi - Just upgraded Firmware to Pan: 4.10.5.94 and TBH i am getting no end of issues post firmware upgrade, with fuzzy resolution on all cameras and random connection error 20012. Is there anyone else with this issue?

I haven’t seen more reports of this yet. Could you please try power cycling your Wyze Cam Pan to see if that helps? Sorry to hear about this!

If we don’t install the firmware, do we lose person detection anyway?

2 Likes

Not yet but I don’t know what the app update without the firmware update would do.

1 Like

Just power cycled all four Wyze Cam Pan’s and the issue is still there. Perhaps i will see if anyone else comes back with this issue in case its a local problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you please also send in logs through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue while you’re at it? Just want to be on the safe side. :slight_smile:

OK will do. Last question was there a IOS app upgrade as well as Firmware? I am currently on v2.7.29

1 Like

No, the app update will be coming later this month. Thanks for checking!

1 Like

Hi @UserCustomerGwen
Would there be any issues with staying in firmware v2: 4.9.5.36 and letting the ios app upgrade?

1 Like

Depends on what you’re looking for. We would recommend doing both.

All my cams are getting 20012 connection error in multicam view after the update