Error (code09): Failed to fetch the video from the cloud

hi all,
Title line describes the issue, I have a support request open and uploaded logs, but I am very surprised I did not see an existing topic as I find it difficult to believe I am the only one with this issue.

First noticed this when trying to watch events from the DoorBell, however it turns out it is any Wyze camera on my system when fetching cloud video. I can watch live stream, and the same cameras and events play fine on my wifes phone. Both apps are the latest and each camera reports the firmware is up to date as well. I have a moto G power (2021) Wife has Moto G7. I am on Android 11, she is on Android 10.

The error is 100% of the time on my phone. Anyone else seeing this issue?

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Is the issue still there for all of your cameras? If so, could you send the log number to me? Thank you very much,

1 Like

Yes, all cameras, initially I thought it was only the doorbell as I typically review video playback on the other cameras from SD card, which plays back fine, however I subscribe to ā€œcam +ā€ for all cameras and discovered that events on other cameras also fail to playback when it attempts to retrieve the same video from the cloud.

log file 252068

Hi, just want to follow-up here. Is there issue still there? If so, could you verify if the error code is 09 or 06? It would be super helpful if you can send me a screenshot. Thank you so much.

Error (code 06): Failed to fetch the video from cloud.
Error (code 09): Video Player Error. Please try again later.

yes, it occurs 100% of the time. Attached are the same error accessed two different ways. The first is by going into ā€œeventsā€ and selecting the event to view video. Note the error message. The first frame of video is shown but the event time shows 00:00 of 00:00.

The second method is by accessing the video by selecting the doorbell, then selecting the event in the doorbell timeline. Again the first frame of the video is displayed but in this case the ā€œspinning wheelā€ just appears for a bit and the video never plays.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update. Beside the doorbell, what other cameras having the same issue are?

Ok this is interesting, not sure if you changed anything on your end but when I posted this on the 19th all my cameras exhibited the issue, today all EXCEPT the doorbell camera play recorded events fine, now it is just the doorbell that has the issue as pictured above.

Thank you so much for the update. We are working on the investigation now.

Thanks, any progress on this issue?

Hey Dave

Hereā€™s a few others experiencing similar stuff. Thereā€™s a variation of particulars.

And hereā€™s mine:

Cheers -peep

Sorry for the late update. After investigating with our developers, this error is related to the video player. The fix is in progress and expected to be deployed in the following firmwares. I will update with you about that. Thank you for your patience.

Was there any update on the fix for this error. I am still getting the unable to fetch error. I found a work around by pressing the Sim Card icon on the bottom of the screen. I can see the video that way but it really needs to be corrected. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Apparently not. Several blogs and discussions about this same error (I get error code 07 and 09 with same description ā€œFailed to fetch the video from cloud. Please try again laterā€¦ā€ Seems that nothing has been addressed. What a disappointment as I was about to expand my collection of Wyze products with a Wyze Home Monitoring, more cameras, a doorbell, But reading so many comments about issues with the products, and worse, no response from the company has made me go with Ring; double the price but much more reliable products and customer service than Wyze. I get that for the price point it might be a good deal; but for me, my time and peace of mind are much more valuable than 50% savings on cost, This to me translates to a much less value for Wyzeā€™s home security products (cams, doorbell, Home Security kit, etc).

Apparently WYZE has not resolved this issue. Several blogs and discussions about this same error (I get error code 07 and 09 with same description ā€œFailed to fetch the video from cloud. Please try again laterā€¦ā€ Seems that nothing has been addressed. What a disappointment as I was about to expand my collection of Wyze products with a Wyze Home Monitoring, more cameras, a doorbell, But reading so many comments about issues with the products, and worse, no response from the company has made me go with Ring; double the price but much more reliable products and customer service than Wyze. I get that for the price point it might be a good deal; but for me, my time and peace of mind are much more valuable than 50% savings on cost, This to me translates to a much less value for Wyzeā€™s home security products (cams, doorbell, Home Security kit, etc).

1 Like

Same with my doorbell, but not other wyze cams. Latest firmware. Any fix possible? Doorbell is unusually flaky for a wyze product

My doorbell seems to get the error ā€œ05 Failed to fetch the video from the cloudā€ error frequently.
Maybe when it goes off the free cam plus trial it might work properly.
Mine is also mounted using the wedge, which may or may not make a difference. Firmware says it is up-to- date at 4.25.0.245 and the android wyze app is 2.24.51 (up-to-date). It also shows a great connection to wifi and live view seems to work fine.

Thanks, still looking for resolution to this issue, any updates that can be shared?

The note above from @ M_I_Rubio was interesting and provides a partial workaround.

When you receive the error you can select the ā€œdownloadā€ arrow and save the video to your phone and then play it that way.

Interestingly, I have not been getting these errors (code 07 or 09) for the last week, and Iā€™ve not gotten any new ones. I can fetch the recordings and play live video again. I did not update the cameraā€™s firmware nor did I update the Wyze app (didnā€™t have to). So something was fixed by Wyze in the cloud or backbone that is now permitting me (and presumably others) to stream video again.

Curious to know if anyone else who experienced the ā€˜unable to fetchā€™ errors and is now been able to stream video without doing anything?

my error still exists with my doorbell, but the error # has changed, it now shows ā€œerror (code 06)ā€

Error (code06): Failed to fetch the video from the cloud.

The errors with all other cameras, V2 and V3s have been resolved for some time.

I was always able to view live stream video data, just not detected recorded events

1 Like

I get this all the time and Wyze support has been worthless to fix it. They give me the same thing to do over and over again with no results.