Doorbell v2 Cameras as Chime

Still waiting tu use Cam V3 as a chime for Doorbell V2…… but Wyze released a TERRIBLE upgrade….and no news for V3 as a chime

Unrelated to this topic, but I can turn cam groups on/off via the power button. I turned “AuxIR group” off in this example:

iOS:

Android:

Be prepared to continue the wait. Although I noted above :point_up: that the article describing the “Cameras as Chime” feature used to say that it would be available for Cam v3 “soon”, Wyze apparently amended this message a couple of weeks ago, so I can only infer that the wait for further roll-out will be indefinite.

Yes, but you have to have them on FAVORITES

That is the point of the 3.0 app. Drive from Favorites, not Devices.

1 Like

After having the v3.0 app for only a few days, I finally tried playing with this feature and can see the behavior you describe. I demonstrate it (twice) in a video in another topic:

Still waiting (today is August 15, 2024) to use my Wyze cameras V3 as a chime for doorbell v2. On chat support Wyze told me today !!!that they still DO NOT HAVE a possible date… What a terrible service

Im currently cant not use my Cam OG as chime, everytime i click on “chime” a message “Fail” popup and close out instantly, it’s been almost 2 months now. i bought a Cam OG for that only reason but cant use it. How long it gonna take ? you offer it as feature but it doesnt work at all. It’s a terrible scam if you ask me.

Welcome to the Forum, @jeremytu3710! :wave:

I posted a video documenting the “Fail” message in another topic:

I also submitted a log and opened a ticket with Wyze Support, which has since been closed. They say that they’re aware of the issue, so I think at this point we’re all stuck waiting for a resolution from the app developers.

In the meantime, a few other options exist for chimes:

• I can still configure the “Cameras as Chime” feature if I use the v2.5x version of the Wyze app (or at least I could the last time I tried), so that might be a possibility if you’re willing to use a site like APKMirror to revert to a previous version just to get this feature.
  • If you have compatible Amazon Echo or Google Home smart speakers within your ecosystem, it may be possible to use those as accessory chimes, though using Google Home for this purpose requires a work-around.
  • In the topic I mentioned above, new fellow Forum member @shademask describes a clever DIY solution for a portable chime.

I really do not have a reason to buy another camera, nor do I want to use my existing cameras as a chime!! Can you please just make a chime that works with the all the video doorbells?? I love your products but this is where your company has let me down!!

1 Like

When is this coming? I have some v4s that could benefit and every time I get update I’m checking. My current hack sucks

1 Like

My OG’s are now eventually since last week for the “camera as chime” function with Android app v3.1.5 (569)

I’m seeing my v3 cameras as well. I can’t test it out though because I’m not at my house currently. Doesn’t look like my v4 camera shows up yet though. But I’ll take just the v3 cameras for now.

1 Like

I don’t have any Cam v3s, so I appreciate your sharing that. I’ve used it on my Cam Pan v3s off and on, and one of those still chimes even though I deleted it as a chime in Video Doorbell v2’s settings. :man_shrugging:

I haven’t ever read anything specific about this feature being available on Cam v4. I set up a new Cam OG and Cam OG Telephoto yesterday, and I looked in Video Doorbell v2’s settings today to add those as chimes, but they weren’t on the list of available options, so I did this:

1. Updated the firmware on the new cameras.
  2. Hit the Reset Services and Restart Camera buttons on the doorbell’s Settings screen.
  3. Reset Services and Restart Camera in the new cameras’ settings.

I don’t know if all of that was necessary, but at least it got them to appear in the Select cameras list in the Cameras as Chime setting, so that’s progress! I tried the same thing on a Cam v4, but it had no effect, so I think we’re still waiting for that one.

1 Like