Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

Notifications need different sounds

The cameras are useless because they give me the same notifications as everything else on my phone doesn’t give me the choice of making different noises

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

I gotta be missing something. I’ve set a different alert sound for Wyze Notifications on Android 10 - Wyze app v2.38.0 (153)

Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all XX apps > Wyze > Notifications > WyzeMessage > Advanced > Sound > Choose sound > OK

Is the request to enable the selection of a different sound in pre-Android 10 devices (by a programming enhancement of the Wyze app) or…?

Setting a different alert sound for ALL Wyze notifications is a setting capable of Android OS going back several versions.

It is NOT an option on iOS which has vastly different developer restrictions and requirements.

3 Likes

Capital not? :wink:

Believe it or NOT I skimmed. :woman_shrugging:

I’m confused by conflicting information. When I chose to reply to you, I get the message " This topic has been solved". The overall thread says “in-developement”.
I am an iOS user, and would very much appreciate knowing what timeframe is anticipated for this issue to be resolved. At a BARE MINIMUM, we should be able to choose what alert we hear from all cameras, rather than the generic tone that WYZE chose. Can WYZE give us a meaningful update on when this request will be fulfilled for iOS users?

1 Like

I feel you, if you have an Android phone download Macdriod and follow @SlabSlayer instructions how to setup unique notifications for each event. I was so sick and tired of getting the same notifications all the time. With Macdriod I customized it bases on events like Person, Motion or vehicle detected. If you have an iPhone I think you can do this with the built in app called Shortcuts Shortcuts User Guide - Apple Support

3 Likes

Sorry… I edited. Capital, bold, italic, underlined, highlighted not.

2 Likes

So, a Gordian not. :grin:

2 Likes

This is a common issue in the way that the threads are marked when the OP or an admin clicks a post as the “solution”. It is one of the drawbacks if the Discourse Forum software that is used. It was only marked as “solved” because it was changed from “researching” to “in development” in February of 2021. The post was by a Wyze Team Member at the time who had admin rights to enter a solved checkmark on that post, which then added it to the OP thread.

It is not solved. It is in development. When you see the status in the header bar move to “testing” or “launched”, then you will see it in the field.

I can’t speak for Wyze as I am not a Wyze employee, just another user like you. Hopefully a Wyze Team Member will see your post and provide a status update.

2 Likes

Hear hear.

2 Likes

I have all apple devices these settings need to be in the Wyze app

5 Likes

Totally agree. Wyze developers make this easy for all of us to use. This way we do not have to depend on a 3rd party app to get it to work correctly.

1 Like

I believe the request is not just for changing the generic wyze app sound but it is for a different sound for each device. Some would even like it a step further to have a different sound for each device and wether or not it is a person, package etc.

2 Likes

This topic is for changing the single notification sound for any\all Wyze notifications (opposed to the current OS assigned default tone).

The Wishlist topic for the introduction of specific individual notification sounds for each device, device type, or notification type is here:

A related Wishlist topic is for the introduction of customizable notification sounds for each device.

1 Like

@SlabSlayer Sorry to bother you again, I got my MacDriod setup how I need it for Person detection, can you please share how you got the screen to unlock or wakeup?

Again Thank you.

Replied in the Share MacroDroid Macros for Wyze thread so as to not divert the topic here.

1 Like

Clearly the Wyze category of “in development” is just more of their empty promises. I think it’s safe to say that Wyze began ignoring this thread long ago, especially after it was taken over by Android users who, though perhaps well meaning in offering up third-party stop-gap solutions to Wyze’s negligence, have given Wyze all the excuses they need to ignore their previous commitments. Months ago I asked the Android users to cease highjacking this thread and start a “Third-Party Android apps to create unique notification sounds until Wyze decides to fulfill their prior commitments to embed them in the Wyze app itself.” I just got shouted down for the request. And so this thread continues to be exclusively for the benefit of of Android users, even though that clearly was not the original intent of the OP. We iOS users have paid the price for it.

2 Likes

Kenny announced in Feb 2021 “This feature is now in development.” So it took almost 3 years from the original request for Wyze to respond in any fashion at all. Then they marked this thread as “Resolved” which in my view is a strange way of “resolving” a customer request. Here it is 2 years later and nothing whatsoever has been “resolved.” Clearly Wyze is just kicking the can down the road and is unlikely to ever do anything with this 5 years old request that is very much needed.

5 Likes

The forum Discourse platform’s “Solution” tag has been removed from this topic. Please refer to the Forum Community standard topic tags located in the header for topic status. The status of this topic is currently “In Progress - development”:

We apologize for the confusion and appreciate your patience as we “clean up” the wishlist category.

7 Likes

Wish Granted and Launched 07 May 2022. Feel free to share the link with other users.

Different Notification Sound for EACH Individual Wyze Device AND type of Motion\AI - Workaround for Android Only - Doesn’t work for iPhone

1 Like