Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

That’s a great how-to you’ve written up, but I fail to see how it can possibly be considered off topic to discuss ways to have different alert sounds for Wyze notifications in a topic called “Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications”.

Do the solutions discussed work for everyone? Obviously not, but they work for a lot of us, including me. I know of no forum that limits discussion to solutions that satisfy everyone. I fully intend to continue guiding people to solutions to this problem where I feel it appropriate.

5 Likes

This wishlist topic addresses the need for a different notification sound at the Wyze app level, not the Wyze device level. Android already provides this app-level functionality. iOS/iPadOS does not without a 3rd party app.

The wishlist topic that covers Wyze device-level notifications is located here:

Individual Camera, Sense, Doorbell, etc. Alert Notification Sound and/or Color

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Forum Feedback Thread!

Here to give an update that we are looking into this to see how much work it would take to implement this.

11 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ You Rock!

Please let us select our personal ringtones, for any type of event if it’s a person, car, pet, or motion and so on.
I personally have all Wyse sounds off because it was too many notifications with vehicles and motions. I use MacDriod when it only detects a Person and this helps a lot.

Front yard notification goes off saying the Person detected in the Front yard and the other
Back yard notification goes off saying Person detected in the Driveway.

This work great with some mp3s that I found online.

3 Likes

I use Macrodroid and another similar app, and I also use Alexa to help with this…Alexa announces different things for different triggers to make sure important ones are known…like if someone opens our pool gate, or if there is a person on our front porch, etc. Then those important things don’t get buried under all the other notifications.

I look forward to see what Wyze adds to the app for options.

3 Likes

It would be really nice to make this customizable so someone could set the notification sound for different events. A way to know what sound means the doorbell versus a baby waking up and moving around on camera.

2 Likes

OMG yes please get this to work. I get so many alerts from so many devices, and this sounds like every other one. Please oh please prioritize this. Thanks Wyze.

3 Likes

Would like a notification hierarchy with the ability to use different tones with each level. For example how I would respond to a person identified by my window isn’t the same as a animal, package or a leaf.

3 Likes

I came here looking to see if Wyze was working on personalized and unique alerts for different cameras. I’m really glad to see this being researched.

3 Likes

App notifications

Please allow users to change the notification sound we get for motion detection. Currently it is the same notification sound as all other apps. It would be better if we could change the sound to something more alarming to get our attention.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @ninamb1973! :raising_hand_man:

Since you have Android, this is already a user defined variable function available through your Android OS Notifications Settings for the WyzeMessage channel of the Wyze App.

1 Like

This wishlist request is actually for the creation of one unique Wyze notification tone for all notifications from the app. It is mainly geared toward iOS users who do not have the functionality in the OS for a user defined unique notification tone. The Android OS has this native capability.

The wishlist request asking for unique notification tones specific to each Wyze device is located here:

6 Likes

I am happy that I can come in and report that this has moved past researching and is actually being worked on, no ETA yet but it is progressing.

7 Likes

I would love to know how you can change this in android. Bc i do not see an option in android to change this.

1 Like

A person on the forums suggested using the macrodroid. I was able to record myself saying the name of the camera. I was able to use macrodroid to make a macro that read the name o the wyze camera notification (backyard in my case) And create a macro that would play the backyard. It would still play the wyze notification sound and then play my voice. Works well.

Antonio

3 Likes

Yippeee, Yay Yay, skipping and doing the happy dance!!! Thank you so much for working on this! It will be such a HUGE help!! going back to my happy dance now…

3 Likes

This is GREAT News. Thank you for sharing

3 Likes

Android Settings → Apps & Notifications → See All Apps → Wyze → Notifications → WyzeMessage → Advanced → Sound → Choose the sound you want or download a new one first and place it in your notifications folder before you begin.

3 Likes

I very much appreciate your efficient and nearly adjective-free way of communicating, @SlabSlayer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes