Detection Zones Settings not saving

Not a fan boy. Just trying to be a patient and understanding person. I don’t think being rude and using harsh language or negative posts do anything to speed up the development process.

If you need to use me as a whipping post, go for it. I will downgrade the firmware on my camera tonight and hope that it fixes my problem. Then I’ll wait for the next firmware release.

Here’s another point. We all updated on the day the firmware came out (or the next day without checking the forums). Rookie mistake on my part. Should always wait to see what comes of it. Like not buying the very first release of a car or installing the very first version of a new operating system.

Mistakes can happen. In fact, they happen more often than not. It’s how we react to them - that can be telling.

Exactly

1 Like

Onerob, Just maybe some of us dont live on a farm and dont want or need to see every automobile passing on a busy street? To each his own, I guess. But, being with Wyze since the beginning, I see now a lot more problems unattended to as they expand.

1 Like

You’re so cute that you think that mistakes happen. Clearly you have not had Wyze products for long enough to know that they consistently do this. They promise this and that and yet always disappoint.

1 Like

No anger, no screaming, and certainly no “waving of the arms” here pal. How you interpret having your arrogant, cavalier attitude challenged regarding an issue many (most) people here rely on for their safety, which, btw, can be directly linked to “all that’s going on in this world”, is all on you.

1 Like

Same problem. Detection zones wont save. Firmware 4.36.11.7071 on Wyze Cam v3

Thought you guys would appreciate hearing: there is a new announcement that they’re sending out a fix for this today!

4 Likes

I think I will wait a week or two. Wyse got me on the semi-brick update. This patch failure I caught here in the forum. Will wait for those on the front to report their findings on the latest.

Completely agree. Sorry if my satire was misinterpreted. It was to address a certain someone’s cavalier attitude that this is simply a “mild inconvenience”, who obviously either lives on a farm or is privileged enough to live in a gated community.

Took them long enough! This could have completely been avoided had they tested the upgrade prior to releasing it.

1 Like

Is the issue resolved :thinking:

So far, everyone seems to report that it does.

1 Like

Fantastic. :+1:

1 Like

Issue appears to be resolved in the latest firmware update.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this issue is now affecting the new Wyze DoorBell v2. Please keep us posted on a fix.

I totally agree! NO ONE from Tech ever responds to any major problem, evidenced by alll these complaints on COMMUNITY FORUM.

1 Like

Yep, same for me and my DoorBell V2!
Also forgets my chime setting.

DETECTION ZONES NOT SAVING: solution- DELETE each Cam not saving, & simply RECONNECT each 1 to your WIFI , then if you had LEGACY PERSON detection, RESET to " CAM LITE , EDIT PRICE, then switch on in your NOTIFICATIONS setting, turn on all.

Disconnected all cams having this detection zone issue and the problem still persists. :confused:

I , and many others had the same issue. It got rectified somehow for me, not sure how by Wyze. I do remember sending them the “Logs” from the camera(s) and that opened a claim ticket. Did you do that?

1 Like