Connect with Wyze Mesh Router - 11/15/22

What is the USB for?

Is this only managed via the app or is there a web interface for management?

1 Like

This is for possible future features.

3 Likes

There is a way to access a web interface for some settings.

2 Likes

Does this also rely on AWS like all other Wyze products? Will Wyze suddenly add in a monthly fee to get all the features?

1 Like

@ldogg1981
If AWS goes down the connectivity between the router and the Wyze app would be affected of course but the router itself would not be affected. The router would only be impacted if your ISP is having issues.

4 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ Can you use different SSIDs for each band?

1 Like

@Whatyousay
Not ignoring you, still looking into that answer.

3 Likes

@Whatyousay
You can set up different SSID for each frequency but not band.

3 Likes

So, no, it is only managed by the app.

So like
Wyze router 2.4 GHZ
Wyze router 5 GHZ
Wyze router 6 GHZ

Does this work with Centurylink routers?

@holocron
I have not seen the app UI and the web UI side by side to know that every thing is in both. The answer in the documentation I have states “Settings can only be accessed by the user
through the Wyze app or through the local web UI.”

2 Likes

@sandmist7
Do you mean Centurylink modems? It would replace a router you are using but should work with most modems.

1 Like

Yes, sorry. We have a router/modem, ”Zyxel C3000Z. I need to extend/amplify my wifi in my basement and due to many cameras and wifi accessories.

@WyzeJasonJ

Will there be an option to run your Mesh Router in AP-only mode? For scenarios where another Router is used (in my case Firewalla Gold). Many advanced users have separate standalone routers vs APs

1 Like

AP mode? Not sure what you mean.

Access Point (AP) only mode.

Not sure, I would have to look into that. just know only certain router/modems are compatible with CenturyLink, so they say.

You can put the Zyxel into transparent bridge mode and use your own router behind it.

LINK: WAN Settings - Advanced Modem Setup | CenturyLink

This is a good place for help: CenturyLink forum | DSLReports, ISP Information