Connect with Wyze Mesh Router - 11/15/22

The new Wyze Mesh Router makes every room the fastest room in your house. The latest Wi-Fi 6 technology. Gigabit speed. Plus 50+ devices and 1500 square feet per router for customizable coverage that puts dead spots in their graves. :zombie:

Click the link to learn about Wyze Mesh Router and the upcoming Wyze Mesh Router Pro!

9 Likes

now we can finally talk about it :smiley:

Better read the NDA again before you do. :wink:

5 Likes

Any specs on range etc.

1 Like

The only specs I have at hand are for coverage which is 1500 sq ft for the Wyze Mesh Router and 2000 sq ft for the Wyze Mesh Router Pro. I will see if I can track down an expected range.

2 Likes

I am a consumer router enthusiast who likes to tinker, code, and contribute to open projects just as tomato firmware or asuswrt firmware. I also use and love the wyze ecosystem. Would it be possible to release the source code, particularly if this runs something like linux, so the community can tinker as well?

1 Like

I hope the range is even partially accurate. I have a new construction home and use plume now. I have 6 super pods to get amazing coverage. I hesitate to replace with even 2 wyze pros. The range is never as good as advertised, but I love wyze haha

@lancethepants
I can bring that up to the team to let them know there is interest.

4 Likes

Any chance there will be a cable connected version for us unfortunate souls who have cable internet?

1 Like

@MrT
You should be able to connect this to a cable modem.

4 Likes

That would be awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Does it have dedicated backhaul?
And if so on which band?

4 Likes

Well that’s interesting. Wyze isn’t doing the “cheap and good enough” route with these. Being the same price as some of the biggest names in routers out there, these better perform well

1 Like

@gemniii
Wyze Mesh Router uses 5GHz for backhaul.
Wyze Mesh Router Pro users 5GHz or 6Ghz for backhaul whichever has the better signal at the time of installation.

7 Likes

There’s also a wired gigabit backhaul option.

6 Likes

@Rulwiz
I am not sure if there is a limit, I have successfully set up a system of 4 so I do know 4 is possible.

5 Likes

LiteOn is the OEM/ODM partner.

2 Likes

Can you use different SSIDs for each band?

1 Like

What is the USB for?