Change WiFi Network Name (SSID) and password without device reset

Not according to Wyze they haven’t. Please explain.

1 Like

Suggestion for connection

I think it would be nice if we could switch what Internet it’s connected to after we’ve set it up

2 Likes

I had a security breach and had to change my wifi password. What a huge hassle that took hours! Each camera had to be reset. Well, the problem is I put my cameras in hard to get areas (such as crawl through the attic and into the eaves) so that people couldn’t take my cameras without being seen. So I had to crawl back up there again to be able to reset it just because my wifi password changed. Please change this ASAP!!! People with good security plans frequently change their passwords, so a good security system for your home should include the feature of being able to do it easily from your phone app. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you for the support I completely agree I change my password last night to my Internet and I had to reset 6 different cameras. It was a disaster and I couldn’t believe this hadn’t already been implemented in. It should be an option when you click on each camera it even shows what a network you’re connected to right there you should be able to click on the network and sign into a different one I feel like it would be a feature that would be very easy to implement and it would change so much for the better

2 Likes

I agree. When I need to change or re-install my devices, this is a real pain. I have 18 of them. It gets very frustrating. Otherwise, I really like the Wyze devices.

1 Like

I just had this same issue today! And I have 8 different devices/items. I wanted to scream! Granted didn’t take too long but to have to get a ladder or chair to reach most of these was the issue, I didn’t need! :crossed_fingers:t3: let’s hope it can happen one day!

This is something we are now looking into to see how much work and resources it will take to accomplish.

8 Likes

Awesome! I am interested to know what difficulties there are in adding this feature. Please update us on the technical aspects of what is happening.

1 Like

Thank you I feel like it would be a great integration for everybody. It would make everybody’s life so much easier especially when we have whole security systems set up.

1 Like

I will keep everyone up to date with what I learn. I think this getting done will mostly depend on the resources it will take but we do know this is something that would make life a lot easier for many.

6 Likes

Well, we appreciate your time and consideration in the matter. At least I appreciate the response. It’s nice to know that the Wyze staff members actually look at this.

2 Likes

Wow. 4 years go by and no progress. I’ve had to pull out the ladder, scale the front of my house to reset my camera FIVE times now. Seriously sick of this.

2 Likes

Wifi and password modification remotely on app

Wyze need to create some way to enter new wifi name and /or password remotely without having to add new device. It it ridiculous to have to physically climb to reach each of your camera, open weather proof holding case and push the button so the camera can scan a code to get reconnected on your wifi Again ! And that’s every time you want to change wifi password or rooter replacement etc.

3 Likes

I don’t know about replacing your rooter, but when replacing your router, set the SSID and PW the same as the old one and your cameras will just work.

1 Like

Exactly. Why would you willingly change every device in your home and your family’s pockets just because you got a new router? It’s simply ignorant (in the judgment free sense).

And if Wyze ever does provide the requested feature - in the very limited scenario where it’s possible to use it - would you really have both old and new ISP circuits up and running at the same time AND both old and new routers working and on-hand just so you could pull off the SSID swap on the cameras? The more I think about it the less useful such a feature seems.

For the amount of effort, there are plenty of other requirements that would make users happy. There are plenty of other providers where changing the SSID/PW is a pain - why aren’t they fixing it?

I think time would be better spent on some of the other key requirements (like Groups as part of an App rewrite?). Can we tell Support that Web View is not Beta? Let’s get the everything working now you have a pretty comprehensive infrastructure.

THE NUMBER ONE BIGGEST FLAW WITH YOUR CAMERAS

WHY THE HECK WOULD I NEED TO RESET EACH CAMERA, light, and sensor JUST BECAUSE MY WIFI PASSWORD CHANGED.

Stupid at the highest level.

Please fix today so i do not need to waste 2+ hours taking down and selling off all my wyze cameras

2 Likes

And the vast majority of IoT devices are in the same boat. Yes, there are a few that have the ability to store multiple WiFi networks (which is what you need to do), but MOST do not.
With that said, it would be nice…

2 Likes

So the Wyze base is a minority? Almost all of my iot devices allow the change and all my other vendor cams do.

You’re lucky then. NONE of my IoT devices (including other WiFi based cameras) have the ability to change the WiFi SSID and PW without going through a setup procedure. And in the case of no longer having access to the old WiFi SSID and PW, it should be impossible with any WiFi client device (you would not have access to the device in order to give it the new SSID and PW).

3 Likes