Can not find specified network name

I just got my device. I was able to connect to the camera the first time. I did an firmware upgrade and then had to re connect the device. Not i am getting the error “Can not find specified network name”.
I checked the network many times and everything is correct. I can even see it trying to connect on my router.
I have tried a factory reset. Does anyone else have an ideas?

1 Like

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011007211--Cannot-find-the-specified-network-name-error-during-setup

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

I’ve had this same issue, was able to resolve it by flashing and older version of the firmware (4.9.3.64). Once flashed, I was able to scan / find network / add to app. Once added it prompted to update the firmware.

Cheers

Why is it you can write get a ticket and all but you just can’t write a solution to the most common problem to that specific questions like camera cannot find the specific network, not trying to be a smartazz but it just seems like the logical thing to do, I could not find the specific question in the troubleshooting but I have the same problem

Actually, I did give a specific answer by providing the link to the support article. But that was last year, and apparently the support article has moved. Here’s the current version:

1 Like

I have read everything on this topic numerous times, including your article, and have done everything suggested. However, 3 out of 3 cameras continue to get this error message. The situation I need the camera for is urgent, and I don’t know what to do, as day by day either I or someone I recruit to help me has same problem. Are live support and chat myths here at wyzecam? I tried to send in request for help but only received article link with question as to whether I read it and did it help, with only one option for reply, which was Yes, and my answer was NO.

Does your network (wifi) name contain an apostrophe? There is another post here that indicates a bug preventing cameras from finding the network if there is an apostrophe in the name.

There is no apostrophe in name.
I went over everything again with wyze rep.
I am planning to forget network again, then factory reset, which I have already done.
Then she will run some sort of network assessment.

I had a similar problem … I finally realized there’s a “down arrow” to the right of the SSID the app chose. I clicked it and saw my other network SSIDs (sigh, I have a number of them :).
The one it initially chose was a 5G only network, which (of course) didn’t work.
I selected a 2.4G network, restarted the Wyze app (on my Android), and restarted the entire
“new device” dialog. This time, it worked fine, and the camera found / logged-into my 2.rG network .