I have Cam Plus on one camera (a V3) with an August 2022 anniversary date. The Cam Plus logo appears in the top right corner of that camera’s view screen, and I can change the settings for that as needed.
As of February 25, 2022, person and motion detection stopped working completely. No events have been reported or recorded since. I can walk back and forth in front of the camera all day and…nothing.
I have confirmed that I am on the latest firmware and the latest software. I tried both restarting and power recycling the cameras, as well as cycling the various notification and detection settings. All to no avail.
Every indication from Wyze was that my Cam Plus subscription would remain active, and that “as a Cam Plus user” all of my other cameras would receive Cam Plus Lite as well. I do see that I have Smart Detection options on my other cameras, but I haven’t had reason or opportunity to tinker with them yet. May they’re working, maybe they’re not. But I know I’m not getting the service (Cam Plus) that I paid for.
Any suggestions on how to get Event Detection working again on my v3 with Cam Plus?
Even though you didn’t change anything, I would go into the camera settings and check them all again.
- Detection settings, make sure your detection sensitivity is high enough, make sure there isn’t a blacked-out detection zone
- Event recording - make sure detect motion is turned on.
- Smart detection - toggle person detection off and then on to make sure it works. sometimes toggling things can reset them to work correctly after some update has an issue. Toggle on any other detection you want.
- Notifications - Make sure Wyze AI events is toggled on.
- Reboot your camera (either select restart in the app, or preferably pull out the power cord and plug it back in to do a hard reset)
Wait at least a minute or two, then walk in front of your camera, see if it’s working now. If not, I recommend you call support:
(206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.
4 am - 6 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am - 4 pm PT Saturday.
Thanks. I had already done all that. But i did forget another step that you didn’t mention, and that’s clearing all storage for the app (in Android) and then logging back into the app.
That did the trick.
Oh awesome! That’s a good reminder. I do reboot my phone and sometimes that resolves similar issues. I should remember to suggest clearing cache or data. I’ve avoided clearing data lately because then I have to go through all my app settings again like telling my scale to sync to google fit, but it definitely does do the trick sometimes when it’s important like this. I’m glad a cache refresh did the trick for you, thanks for the follow-up!