Cam Pan V3; Not tracking

Is there an issue with the Cam Pan V3 not tracking motion? It just sits there unless I move it with the app. Never had this issue with the V1 or V2, they followed movement perfectly. Its on the latest firmware and I’m on the latest iOS Beta app.
Any ideas?

1 Like

You need to make sure you turn on the option. It is located under the live stream in the menu list. scroll it to the left to see more options. Here is a link I posted:

3 Likes

First make sure you have Track Motion turned on:

Also, check your other settings to make sure your motion detection sensitivity is high enough, make sure detection zone is off or includes the are you start moving in, make sure Record motion events is toggled on, etc.

Edit: Spamoni4 beat me too it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

is that on a tablet? Such a great shot and quality. I need to put mine outside now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wyze App Sideloaded directly into Windows 11 and then I resized it to make sure to show more of the menu options at once so it was easier to see :slight_smile:

When I’m at my laptop it’s easier to just open the app my computer and take a fast screenshot I can modify and paste in here than having to use both my phone and computer and all the extra work that comes from that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tracking turned on. Do I have to set waypoints and scan? I’d much rather the camera just sit until it senses motion. I have neurotic neighbors that complain when the cameras are looking at their houses.

1 Like

No. With just Track Motion turned on, and the sensitivity set high enough to catch the motion, it should track. But, when you test it, it doesn’t track on center. It will only track when the motion is about to leave the frame. This is on purpose so that the event video isn’t cut off by the cam when it creates artificial motion by moving.

After motion stops, the cam should return to the last position you left it in when live streaming. If you have a Detection Zone set, that is it’s designated home position.

4 Likes

Do you have a detection zone enabled?

2 Likes

I don’t have a Detection Zone enabled. Pretty much anywhere the camera can see is the Detection Zone. I’m hoping to replace two Cam V2’s with 1 Pan V3. It’s just a 50x100 open lot between houses, so nothing should be there under normal circumstances.

-Mike

1 Like

My Detection Zone is off and my sensitivity is 91.

I also have Motion Tagging turned on as well.

I tested with Event Recording on and off as well. It works for me by turning on Pan Scan. Are you sure it is on? the icon will turn a greenish color.

2 Likes

Its working now. I had to turn up the sensitivity. I had it at 52, now I’m up at 89. Should be okay. I just hope it doesn’t start following birds and cats.

Thank you all!

3 Likes

I have a similar problem with my Pan V3 not following the track when the person goes directly below the camera. The camera has to rotate as well as pan and when it’s rotating in most cases will stop tracking. I have my sensitivity turned up and rotation speed turned up but not at MAX. In some cases the camera will rotate the wrong way and hit the rotation break so it will not rotate back the other direction to continue to track. I do not have a zone selected and have played with the field of view for better start position which has helped a bit but not solved the problem. I have sent several examples to the Wyze AI improvement link.

2 Likes