Cam Pan Tracking Question

Apologies if this has ever been covered, I searched but couldn’t really find anything.

For the first time I have added a Wyze Cam Pan to my set up. I am using this at a business that is open from 7 am to 6 pm.

The camera monitors my front/cash register area, and I have an SD card in it for continuous recording.

At 6:30 pm (after-business hours) I have it set up to detect motion, record 12 second clips and notify me.

But I cannot figure out how to make it TRACK motion (virtually the entire point of the camera) when it is set to detect motion.

In other words, I DON"T want it to track my employee and customer motion during the day, only after hours when it is detecting motion…and I don’t wanna have to manually do this every day (turn on and then turn off motion tracking).

How do I do this?

Thank you.

There is a toggle in the “more” menu for “motion tracking”. Should look similar to this, Ex:

And it appears like there is not a current rule action to turn on or turn off motion tracking. I believe that is on a wishlist here on the forums to hopefully get implemented in the future.

1 Like

@lawvegas

A possible solution would be to purchase another Cam Pan and have the daytime cam turn off at close and the other Cam Pan turn on at the same time, but the second camera would have motion tracking turned on.

It sure is! @lawvegas, you should take a look.

1 Like