Cam outdoor

I agree. I thought we could record to SD drive the same way and you have to scheduled a time that day to catch the robber. Returning it. Rather put the old camera back in the window and get the window glare. At least I can get notifications of who is coming to my house and record it.

Discontentment here. I bought 3 and the thought of having to recharge them after getting them all settled positioned high up out of reach every 3mons or less. Only if I knew before ordering. Like a typical fanboy, I ordered without even reading what little detail there was including being duped by the “special gift” which I never got. And then finding out its a frickin plastic hat…was it an inside joke I didn’t get??! because that feels insulting, actually glad I never got it.

I never ever felt so deceived by any product. Even the ones that have disappointed me. this is simply the worst of them all.

I do like the picture it produces, but getting more/better results with a V2 I already had outside since last year no problem. Not to mention, streaming and being able to continuously capture onto SDcard. Same distance and outside, even with no repeater, I can connect mostly ok. The other day I captured someone snooping but only on the V2 I placed outside captured it on the sdcard triggered by motion while the outdoor caught absolutely nothing.

ugh the thought to trying to find use of the other 2 makes me cringe when I know I’ll have to go retrieve, charge then put back in the right angle and placement. I’m so disappointed.

The current WOC has been up 2wks and already at 80% when I hardly ever login nor does it capture all but 1 or 2 non-event triggers.

never been so disappointed. Nor I have ever vented so much if any about any product…

1 Like

I wish

Nope. I was driving the Jeep

That hasn’t worked for me

They screwed up royally and know it. The outdoor cam was a huge failure for me. Serious lagging/disconnecting/ motion detection issues make it basically useless - and that’s not an exaggeration. I’m still a fan of the original indoor cam (love it) but the outdoor cam needs a lot of work.

Join the club - and to think 80,000 people pre-ordered it - yikes!

1 Like

If you were referring to the suggestion by @otkayak to delete, then re-add the camera, I just tried that and it didn’t work for me either. Live view looks great, but no events/notifications.

You were, and on behalf of the forum apology accepted

If you haven’t notice yet the sensors are now broken again

Trust me, I’ve noticed and am not too thrilled about it!

Somewhere I still have a ball of those connectors formed into an art paperweight dootstop thingy… :thinking:

1 Like

The old ones were made of silver/copper with a gold pin. They’re still used in lab and test equipment, radio broadcast and TV production but the connectors now made in China. My sister stole some of my good ones for an art project ‘thingy’.

1 Like

Sadly I had to return my camera. It had poor range, poor battery life, poor motion detection and delayed notifications. I couldn’t find one thing positive about it.

2 Likes

Joining the growing crowd … no event detection or recording. Support suggested checking latest firmware - check, checking event recording settings - check, check detection settings - checked, and finally suggested a factory reset - ugh. There is no factory reset on the Outdoor Cam. So guess I’m another proud owner of a viewing device and not really a capture device - apologies for the bitching, but after waiting months and being part of the early adopter crowd, very disappointing.

Sorry you had to join on this note, would be nice if things just worked

I really feel bad. My OC detects just fine. I guess I’m one of the few. I tried to look at deer that come in the yard but that was thru a window. When I realized its pir, and moved it outside, it works well. Only problem is battery life.
The quality of the video is pretty darn good, too.

Wow…my memory is so bad, I could hide my own Easter eggs!! I’ve already said before, I get no recordings unless I manually do it. But I get video on phone.

There is a reset on the base station. @flyingchipmunk says, “You can’t factory reset the WOC. They designed it that way so if it’s stolen someone else can’t reset it and use it.”

Can you stream from the outdoor cam? If so, @Omgitstony notes, "event detection is disabled when something is connected to the camera (e.g. streaming).
Still no motion events? Is the wco facing out a window? PIR detection doesn’t work through glass.

yes on the base, but not on the WOC