Battery cam pro 180 deg setting not found in App

Hey everyone in the Wyze wide world. I’m having an issue for the very first time my battery cam pro is upside down and there is no 180 deg toggle in Advanced settings in my app?

Is there a specific reason you want to mount it upside down instead of just spin it to be right side up?

For most of the other cameras, the 180 degree function was there because they had their mount on the bottom of the camera, so they were commonly flipped upside down, but the battery cam pro has it on the middle of the back, so in any situation where it could be upside down, it should also be easily oriented to be right side up. I think it is better weather-proofed when right side up too. Some of the cracks around the bottom flap don’t seem to have a gasket around them. There is a gasket around the battery, mSD card and reset button, but not around the entire thing, so in theory, if it was upside down, water could get into the cracks on the edges, and pool all around the orange gasket…which could keep it exposed to water and extreme temperatures for much longer than it otherwise normally would be exposed to water. This will likely wear out the gasket more quickly.

Don’t get me wrong though, I think Wyze should include full 90 degree intervals of custom orientation on every camera, so I don’t disagree that the 180 degree should be added onto this. I agree that it should. I just think they purposely left it off to try to force people to keep the camera oriented upright so water doesn’t pool on the bottom around the gasket area…so since you are asking about 180 degree, I’m just interested to know what good rationales you may have for needing it instead of spinning the camera a little bit to sit upright instead. Then if I get a chance to give that feedback to an employee I will absolutely pass that on, because honestly, anything that helps convince them custom orientation is important is something I am interested in helping to add to the other rationales I give. :+1:

1 Like

Amen to that! That will give more mounting options to v3, v4 and v3 Pro.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment, it’s now clear to me what has happened. I had tradesman here and they have been working near the camera and it’s dislodged it to be 180 degrees exactly! It makes sense why they do not have that feature in the app for this camera. Thanks for your help and the friendly manner in which you came across in your comment mate.

2 Likes

That makes sense! Thanks for the follow-up explanation. I’m glad this helped you to figure it out and you were able to flip it back the right direction. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also facing same issue of no 180 degree rotation on this camera. In my case I attached it under a sofit roof, in this case the only option is to attach it upside down as normal position wont fit.

Yes, same here - the mount is assymetrically located closer to the bottom of the device, so if you’re trying to mount it under an eave you can’t get enough clearance (really, the mount should be redesigned to provide sufficient clearance) unless you mount it “upside down”. But there’s no way to rotate the image! Something needs to be addressed here - either the mount needs more clearance or the image needs to be rotatable, or both.

2 Likes

That is good to know if I ever purchase one. Seems they could easily do it since my non-pan cams have that option.