Anyone using wyze wireless camera inside their car? does it detect motion through the glass?

Anyone using wyze wireless camera inside their car? does it detect motion through the glass?

[Mod Edit] Tags edited for clarity.

There are members here using V2 and V3 plug in cameras for Dash Cam and they work just fine if set up correctly. The battery powered cams version one and two will not detect motion through glass. I’ll look for the link.
Older link for a V3 The camera need power.

I unplug my car battery, so I can’t use that for powering camera. Wyze needs to make the camera detect motion through glass like their Wyze v3 cameras. That I would buy. Thanks

Might want to change the tag for wyze-car:

Interesting. What if I plugged my wired v3 camera into a 20000 maH power bank? How long do you think that would last inside my car? Would it detect through the glass? Would I be able to view on my phone?

Are you initially referring to the WCO (Wyze Cam Outdoor, battery operated camera)? Are you wanting to use a cameras as a dash cam while on the road, or having it in your car say if you leave it parked in a driveway?

The v3 detects motion using pixel detection so yes, it would detect motion through glass.

You would need a wifi signal/internet signal at the camera for you to see the camera on your phone, unless you use the travel mode on the WCO’s.

2 Likes

In a parked car.

I use a V3 in my car hooked up to a 20,000 power bank and use my works wifi and it last all day 15 hrs… I record everything that moves…:rofl:

1 Like