All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

Thanks, tacticalbacon! I sent a reply to your support email but just to make sure you see this, your MAC address is also printed on the sticker on the bottom of your Wyze Cam.

To everyone else here (such as @kvkevinv), I’m still collecting information to share with the team. If you have a moment, please answer these questions for me and I’ll share the info with the dev side:

@shenoysr, you’re welcome for the quick response! I’m happy to hear that your Wyze Cams are working properly again. Sorry for the trouble! :slight_smile:

I am having connectivity issues right now with my Wyze Pan. Noticed this starting around an hour ago. Not sure how long it has been like this though. I have three caThe pan is having issues, my v2 is having intermittent connectivity issues.

For at least the last week, remote connections have been very intermittent for my camera. The problem seems to have improved, however, over the last 3 days - so perhaps the latest firmware updates and other steps Wyze has taken will restore reliability. I hope so.

Well, today I was excited to finally find a WYZE APP update for my iPHONE 5C … the past couple of APP update versions said they weren’t compatible with the 5C.

So I updated my app to the March 5th version … and guess what, one of my three Wyze Cam v2’s is now experiencing the can’t authenticate on LTE problem.

Previously, with the older APP I was using, I NEVER EXPERIENCED THE PROBLEM that a lot of WYZE users were having.

Now, I am.

Can’t say the APP update caused the problem … but the timing is suspect. Is there any way I can roll back to an earlier APP and see if the problem goes away?

I’ve rebooted my iPHONE, Plugged and unplugged the “problem” camera, Rebooted my router. Nothing worked.

1 Like

Yeah I’m having the same issues too. Was working fine all evening yesterday after they said they fixed it. Now it either doesn’t authenticate or if I get on the bandwidth goes to 0 KB/s.
Support wants me to install app to see my connections between router and server but I believe it’s Wyse servers

@UserCustomerGwen

The Wyze tool actually does check the connection to their servers and the route this does as well. Any information you can give them could help them pinpoint and resolve the issues.

1 Like

Mine is working again. Last night, nope. This morning, all good. It would be interesting to know if Wyze did anything to correct it… or if nothing was done and it’s a problem that’s going to keep happening.

1 Like

Popping in to give the update that I’m putting elsewhere. We’re still investigating this and we tried adding more server resources but this doesn’t appear to be a capacity issue. Sorry, everyone!

We have been tracking connectivity rates since Monday and our numbers aren’t where they should be yet. We added more server resources but this doesn’t appear to be a capacity issue so we are still investigating. This is an issue affecting iOS more than Android and impacts groups of devices instead of all devices. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be updating this page as we learn more:

Been down all day and not looking good… again

Only for certain users it is down. They are working on it. I’m sure they will resolve the issue as quick as they possibly can.

I have 17 Vs and 2 Pans. All are working fine after latest updates. I don’t use the android Wyze app that much. But I am using tinycam pro to view multiple cameras on my PC, via webserver from Fire TV, and android cellphone.

1 Like

I have two cams. One has worked fine this whole time. The other didn’t work yesterday. Worked this morning. Now back to not working. Frustrating.

Hello @jshobar, their has been connectivity issues and hopefully now it is sorted out for you but If not you can check out this page for more information.

Here’s the link:
Some Devices Having Remote Connectivity Trouble

1 Like

did you take the cards out and reformat them? I had a problem and after swapping the cards with a working unit which then had the problem I ended up reformatting and the problem went away

Been seeing this endless authenticating thing again too that errors both of my two cameras. Seems to have mysteriously fixed itself again and works fine on WiFi and LTE.
This seems all to familiar when I was a bit less tech savvy with IP cams many years ago. I bought 2 foscams and they would work and then not work. I nearly pulled my hair out and then come to find out, the problem was actually how my router changed/reassigned the dynamic IP addresses to each camera. When first setting them up and restarting everything, the cameras, the router, the cable modem, etc.; everything would be fine but then almost exactly 24 hours later poof…no connection to the cameras again. Finally, I realized that I needed to manually assign a static IP address to each camera in my router settings so that the IP addresses to each camera would never change again. After doing that, the problem vanished forever. All of this stuff with the Wyze cameras right now seems all too familiar. I have faith in this company that actually listens to its users and wants to make things right. You will not get that approach with anyone else who makes similar competing products.
Also, I went into Best Buy last weekend and looked at a very nice display of home automation products, including cameras. The cheapest camera, that I did not want, was $120. Most expensive was $250, I thought man…why…most of the camera products there do what Wyze does for either $20 or $30 (plus shipping) and either few or none of the cameras there had pan/tilt capabilities. I like the disruption Wyze is starting to do to this overpriced industry and I am very happy to not pay for the markup in price to have that pretty display in hundreds of retail stores. Again, do not lose faith in this company, they are doing great things and want to keep their users happy.

2 Likes

FWIW, my cams don’t work over my office’s WiFi network for some reason…I get the endless authentication. When I turn my cell phone WiFi off and use only cellular data, it works fine.

Probably because your work is blocking certain access. We block all video streaming at my company.

1 Like

Could be. Other stuff can be streamed though, e.g. YT and others.

I would try on a different WiFi other than work and see if it works if you can.

Same issue here except I bought mine on February 19. I guess you get what you pay for.