All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

Hello @mike.1, the connectivity issue have since improved since then so I would recommend power cycling the camera and seeing if the issue is still happening.

Instructions on how to power cycle:
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012565551-Power-Cycling

Same issue here. I bought my first one and got it up and running about a month ago. I recently purchased 2 more and installed them with no issues. As long as I’m home, and on the same Wi-Fi, I can view and control the cameras, but when I’m away from home, it just tells me it’s “authenticating” non-stop. My girlfriend has access whenever and wherever she wants, but I have to be home. We both have android phones. HELP!

A few questions:

• Are your phones configured identically?
  • Are you using a VPN app?
  • Are you on the same cell network?
  • Are you connected to your work network when trying to access the cameras?

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022258632

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

We’re on different networks (AT&T and T-Mobile). No VPN. And connection to my work network is forbidden. It worked fine when I had just one camera, but since adding the other two, I’m not able to view away from home.

So I downloaded a free VPN app and logged in…I’m able to view and control all 3 cameras from work now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Good to know. Is your phone the one on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Mine is T-Mobile. I NEED WiFi at home to send/receive calls or text…no service otherwise.

Sounds like T-Mobile was blocking something.

Possibly, but it’s odd that viewing one camera was fine, but adding the other two made it go wacky…for all the cameras.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. I’m pleased you were able to find a solution using the VPN app. I highly suspected one of the carriers was blocking you somehow, and glad that is now cleared up. Yes, it is kind of weird that the additional cameras added to your account appeared to create the issue. :slight_smile:

When you are on the home events discover shop and account tab and you see the picture of wyzecam and click on it

It always shows 0kb/s on the top left for a few seconds before going to to 50kb/s.

It always shows connecting to camera 1/3 and then authenticating 2/3 which takes about 2-3 seconds before i can view the live stream… Can someone tell me if this is normal and standard? S**o when you now click on the left arrow, then click on the wyzecam to view the live feed, does it always show **
0kb/s on the top left for like a second or two and the connecting to camera 1/3 and then authenticating 2/3 which takes about 2-3 seconds each time?

Because earlier in the day when i used it for a few hours when i first got it today, im positive it didn’t do this. But is it suppose to be like this? Because shouldn’t it be when you click on the live stream, there shouldn’t be that 0kb/s and the 1/3 and 2/3 little few second lag before it views the live stream? If it is 100 percent like that… okay but i dont think it was like that initially?

I just noticed our camera is not working either. Ours just says it’s off and it won’t turn on. I wasn’t all too thrilled when I found out these cameras only work through a cell phone and don’t have any way to be used on computers like all the other-WIFi IP cameras that I’ve ever seen in my life.

I decided to go ahead and stick with it and not return it like my first thoughts were only for the fact that it led me to believe that I could count on for sure the camera working and keeping a record of any motions that’s goes on out in front of my HOUSE. Now here we are we have (Mod edit) knocked over on our deck right now that only a human could have done and we’re trying to figure out what’s going on and the (Mod edit) camera ain’t working!

I am not at all OK with this! Seeing how there are several people with cameras all of a sudden not working screams out that is caused by these guys here. It also screams out just how NOT SMART it is to run these things at all seeing how they can just jack everyone’s or whichever sector of people’s cams whenever they want.

If our government turns in us or an outside enemy takes over and these guys are connected or breached by either, these cameras would surely be shut off n sabatoged so no he if us would have or security cameras working and be sitting ducks…

I found info online about flashing new firmware into the camera that makes them available to work on our computer and other security stuff that runs with IP address IP cameras.

We use XEOMA security camera software that does everything and been great for years now. I recommended checking out what I’m talking about after now seeing just how NOT SECURE the WYZE trip here truly is if and when you get down to it.

I WISH I WOULD HAVE JUST TOLD MY GIRL TO RETURN THE (Mod edit) THING WHEN SHE BOUGHT IT…

We won’t be getting anymore WYZE er :wink: after seeing this unacceptable screw up from these guys…

They have a couple free XEOMA versions that work great FYI in case you been the same as I do about these guys having such control of our cameras and our security like they do and HAVE FAILED US NOW WITH…

If any WYZE people have a problem with what I’ve said, I dont care! I’m am about the truth and being real and up front with all things in life. With society, government, humanity all over showing so much evil (Mod edit). I dont trust anyone and that now includes you guys after seeing just how you could jack us instantly and leave us all blind to what’s happening and no video record to show any proof of anything… NOT COOL!! I knew something was smelling bad when I found out you guys made these things to NOT BE ABLE TO HOOK UP TO OUR COMPUTERS OR OTHER IP SECURITY STUFF!!!

ALL BAD!!!

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

Bit confused with all this. So if ppl have issues like this, does the wyze team do updates with firmware or what not and eventually fix the problem? Or do we have faulty unit and then have to return it?

1 Like

If it’s a hardware issue within the warranty period we would replace the problematic Wyze Cam. Otherwise, we address issues with updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this trouble, 5tillcom. That does sound frustrating! If you are still having trouble with your Wyze Cams we would be happy to help troubleshoot. However, I see that you are considering finding a product that better fits your needs (such as connecting to a computer) so I will leave that up to you. If you would like to work with me on this, just let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I purchased this item through amazon.com and not wyze. Does that mean if i were to return it, i only have xx amount of days to return it to amazon?

Probably correct, but you should check with Amazon.

Yep. Look at your orders on Amazon, find the one with the cam on it and look at the cam. It will give you an ‘eligible for return until’ date.

1 Like

I have been purchasing my Wyze cams from Amazon because I am a Prime member and get next day delivery. They look to be priced equivalent to the price plus shipping on the Wyze site. Amazon has an easy 30 day return on most items (free if youre Prime). Im guessing the Wyze one year warranty would apply even though one purchased through Amazon as they are likely an authorized reseller.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’m positive this Authenticating - Getting Video Data 1 2 3 wasn’t happening before. Why the lag? Did Wyze change how we connect to their servers? Could others please report if this happening on all cams for everyone? I just purchased a Wyze Cam Pan. I’m having major issues with my door sensors. They show open when closed or vica versa. Everything was working fine then after adding another door sensor both sensors started freaking out and working properly.

1 Like