All devices are offline

Out of the blue this evening, all of my devices went offline (7 cameras mix of indoor and outdoor and a thermostat). Everything was working fine and then we noticed that it was getting really chilly in the house. The internet is working fine but all of the devices flashing blue. My furnace won’t kick on because the thermostat is offline!!! What is going on?

Welcome chfc456128. If all of my IOT devices simultaneously went offline, I’d 1st suspect a router problem, even if I could still access the Internet. I’d try power-cycling the router or if a mesh WiFi, power-cycle router and all APs.

Did you have a power outage? Did you try power cycling any or all non-functioning devices? Frequently they won’t reconnect.

I have the same issue! Installed/paired the rest of my sensors for the Home Monitoring earlier today.
For about 2 hours now it shows those sensors and the hub offline. Cameras are still working!

We have been experiencing the same issues for the past week…bulb groups won’t all turn off or on…plugs sometimes work…cameras don’t always connect we find that sometimes going into each device from the app can get them to work but not always.

1 Like

I had a similar issue caused by an internet outage yesterday. One of my circuit breakers in my basement tripped which knocked out my Fios ONT. I reset the breaker and my internet was back up and running and all of the devices i use daily (Echo dots x4, laptops, tablets, cell phones) were reconnected with no issue.

This morning I noticed that my Wyze Sense system was offline. I noticed this because when I open my front/back doors I have an Alexa routine that sends an announcement letting me know that the door was opened - and this did not go off when opening my doors this morning. I tried re-adding the hub via the Wyze app several times with no luck, even though the app said the hub was added successfully and connected to Wyze cloud. All of my Sense devices were still showing offline.

Finally this is what got me back online:

-I long-pressed the reset button on the hub until the status lights started flashing quickly
-Then I long-pressed it again until the hub said “ready to connect”
-Then I re-added the hub via the Wyze app again. It again said that it was added successfully
-This time the system came back online
-One of my contact sensors (out of 10) was incorrectly reporting as Open since yesterday even though the door was closed. I think the door may have been closed after the Wyze Sense system went offline, and as such the sensor was ‘stuck’ in an Open state.
-I opened the door and closed it again
-This seemed to ‘wake the sensor up’ and it refreshed status as closed

So far all sensors have been working as expected, and I am able to arm the system and trigger the alarm.

Hope this helps anyone else that has this issue. I also hope this was a fluke and I won’t have to go through this everytime my wifi blips.

1 Like

Same issue. All wyze devices (2 outdoor plugs, cam) just went offline suddenly and will not come back online in the app. All other iot devices are up and running (10 wiz outdoor flood lights, 20 or so wiz and phillips). Some are right next to the outdoor plugs and work fine. Camera in app is offline but still working.

Was able to update all the firmware which seems odd since they are not connected. Schedules failed to start or end as well. All are just flashing blue. Power cycling seems to have got them back ‘online’ but not in the app. Very annoying.

1 Like

Hello @zman44 and welcome to the community.

This is an older thread but there was an AWS outage today, for info you can follow the thread here

I am brand new to this forum, brought here by none of my devices working today . What is AWS?

Amazon Web Services, they host servers for many many companies and Wyze happens to be one of them.

When you realize that having your entire home relying on just one system or company is just not a good thing. Because of the AWS outage my entire home went blank. I am now considering getting rid of a lot of these smart devices and going back to good ole analog stuff where as they will always work regardless of some one or company or system.

6 Likes

Hello, We had the exact same problem for a while. Luckily with a router reset everything came back online. Tired of resetting the router we got a new router (older style? Different style.) And that did the trick. So far we haven’t had the whole batch kicked off since then.

Unplanned outage recovery is the third rail of IOT.

Amazon Web Service.

Cloud computing with AWS

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.

Thank you!!! I could not figure out how to get mine back online. I was doing all the things I usually did but it was not working. This finally worked.

Oddly enough, all of mine went offline sometime recently also. Hmm.

2 Likes

All of my devices are offline as well.

1 Like

I have 5 cameras that are in an elderly parent’s home, for remote monitoring, 2 of them (V3s) are showing offline. I have remotely reset the modem and that did nothing. Since they are remote I cannot recycle or reset them. Is there some way to get them back online without being at the site?

1 Like

Are you able to access the settings on those two cams? If so there’s a restart button at the bottom. But if they’re offline I’m not sure if you’ll be able to get to that?

I have tried that, but it says restart device failed. when I try to turn them off it says camera is offline.