Alexa person notification from Wyze camera

I have several Wyze cameras that announces from Alexa that “Person Detected (Camera Name)”. I don’t remember how I set that up. I have a friend that really likes that. I purchased three V3 Cameras for him. I have the cameras set up and getting good pictures, now I am trying to get the announcement over Alexa. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Claude

Do you have Cam Plus for those cameras? Unfortunately, I am not an Alexa expert, so maybe someone else will chime in.

1 Like

Yes

Camera settings in the Alexa app.

2 Likes

WildBill, Thanks for the reply. This old 75 year old is a little slow. I went into the Alexa app, went to settings, have not found Announcements. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

First make sure you have/still have the WYZE skill installed in your Alexa app

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/11/19/20972973/amazon-echo-alexa-how-to-add-skills-smart-home-games-sounds

After ensuring its there or installing/reinstalling go back to the main/home page of the Alexa app and go to devices.

Then Cameras,

Next find the camera that has Cam Plus or the older Person Detection(only V2 or Pan Cam, if opted in) licenses associated to them.

**Keep in mind the V3 cameras and Wyze Cam Outdoor do not have a live view so if you click on them you will be taken right to the settings page. As shown in @WildBill s example above.

The V2s and the Pan Cam have live views once you open it you will be taken to the live view and will need to click on the gear to the top right to get to the settings

There you can toggle on the the Person Announcement setting as shown in WildBill’s example.

4 Likes

Probably already configured since some cameras already work.

@mudpuppy45 go select the camera from devices then click the gear icon at the top to reach settings. It’s the camera settings not App.

1 Like

I thought that too, then saw “for a friend” :grinning:

Check out this section

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help. I have one V3 and the rest V2 using app on iPhone, the friend has 3 new V3 using on Samsung. I will go back to his house hopefully tomorrow and try all this and report back. Thanks again.
Mudpuppy45

1 Like

Great tutorials by @R.Good and @WildBill.

Again, as @Newshound noted none of this will work without the paid add-on CamPlus service that your friend might not have.

You might be using the legacy free/name-your-price person detection that is not available to newer users.

In any case, agreed it’s a great feature.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I forgot to get back to you yesterday. I went back to my friends house, did what you suggested and Alexa is now talking. Thanks for your help.

mudpuppy45

5 Likes

Is there a way to toggle camera notifications through an alexa or google assistant routine?

1 Like

Are you saying this is how each camera should be configured in order to receive notification pushes?

Do you have a snapshot of what that screen setup needs to be within the latest version? The “Person Detection Announcements” is no longer an option.

I’m asking this Because I’m not getting announcement from alexa. I’m pretty sure I have everything set up correctly but she just isn’t making the announcements. My Ring doorbell does. BTW- I’m using an Android phone

Not sure I understand your question. You need CamPlus or CamPlus lite for each camera with Person detection enabled. Then you enable the announcements in the Alexa app.

I know longer see the person notification announcement toggle. Anyway… I have cam plus. I used to get motion announcements thru my echo show bit im no longer receiving them. I have configured each camera as well as my alexa app and im still not getting any notices i have also gone into setting>apps>notifications to make sure everything is set in there as well and STILL no announcements. I get notifications on my android, but zero announcements thru my echo show.

Have you confirmed that your Wyze account is linked in Alexa? Have you tried unlinking and re-linking?

Yes, it’s linked however I haven’t tried to de-link and re-link. Not really sure how to do that though.

To relink the Alexa Skill, you have two routes. I always go thru the Alexa App: More, Skills & Games, scroll all the way to the bottom, Your Skills, find Wyze, select it, click settings, disable skill. Then you will go thru the same process, find the Wyze skill again and enable\link it.

The other option is to go thru the Wyze App. Account, Smart Integrations, Alexa, unlink.

In the Alexa App, Cam Plus Cams will show the Person Notifications toggle in the settings for each individual Cam. You also need to verify that you select which Alexa devices produce that announcement and that the Enabled toggle is on.