I can’t get the latest update to load on my air purifier. After appx 5 minutes it “oooooops we have a problem” (or something like that) pops up. I’ve tried 10 times. I’ve even laid the phone on top of it but it just won’t accept the recent update. Any ideas?
I can tell you what I would try if that was happening to me:
Restart everything fresh (clears out any memory leak issues, etc)
- Unplug the air purifier,
- plug it back in,
- restart your phone. (maybe even restart your modem/router)
- Try the firmware update again.
If that doesn’t take, try redoing the WiFi connection:
- Press and hold the Auto Mode and Fan Speed button until the Wi-Fi icon starts to flash.
- Set up the Wyze Air Purifier as new.
- Try the firmware update now
Lastly, you can try forcing a factory reset:
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Go through setup again.
- Try the firmware update now.
If it still won’t update, let us know again &/or contact support.
(Again, those are the steps I personally would do in your situation)
The first recommendation did the trick! Thank you!
NICE! Glad to hear it! Thanks for the follow-up to confirm this so we know to recommend it to others if they report the same thing.