Adjust speaker volume

I bought 2 cameras for use in my kids’ rooms. I tried talking through them to test it out and the sound is very loud. In fact it scared my younger child. Is there plans to have the volume be adjustable in the future? I don’t want to scare my kids when I tell them to go to sleep.

1 Like

There isn’t a volume adjustment. But two possible low tech solutions:

1. Try speaking more quietly and/or holding the phone further from your mouth when you speak
  2. Put a sticker or some tape over the speaker holes on the back of the camera

Thanks. I know it’s not currently possible. I was just hoping maybe it could be done with a firmware update.

1 Like

I’ll pass that along to the keep of the feature request list.

3 Likes

Hi RickO

I have no sound going thru the cameras speakers how i can fix this problem .

If you set the camera up again from scratch, do you get the “Ready to Connect” audio? If not, you could try re-flashing the firmware. If that doesn’t work, then you’ll need to file a support ticket.

If you hear audio when setting it up, you could also try factory reset (hold setup button for 30 sec) or re-flashing firmware. Make sure you have given the Wyze app permission to use the phone’s microphone.

Samsung phones don’t work with 2 way audio

This needs to happen.

Agreed! Adjustable volume please! There’s no reason this can’t be coded and implemented very quickly! I just bought one of these cameras to help train my dog to Ben quiet when I’m not home but the camera is so loud I can hear it from the top floor of my home while I’m in the basement.

1 Like

Wish I had that problem. I cant hear it from 5 feet away!!

5 Likes

Please implement camera volume control. Unit can’t be used as a baby monitor with Alexa,
Volume wakes child up when camera connects.

Even if it’s just in the setup and turns speaker on/off.

Please!

1 Like

I have a Galaxy S10 and 2-way audio is working fine on it. As others have mentioned, the speaker volume on the camera is very loud and also very poor quality - my dogs don’t even twitch their ears when I talk to them through it and they can’t tell it’s me, but at least with the S10 2-way audio works.

1 Like

OK, opened camera and found the speaker was just plugged into the board.

Unplugged the speaker and now I have the perfect baby cam. Took 5 minutes and I can always just plug it back in if I want the speaker working.

Works great with Alexa now.

3 Likes

Weird, my camera is very quiet.

3 Likes

I have a lag. We end up talking over each other.

Another vote for the “way too loud” group from here. Pixel XL. I agree with whoever said a fairly simple firmware update would fix this.

I love all the Wyze devices I’ve tried so far, but I also own a couple of Blink cameras. The Blink cams have an output volume control on their app. Rarely have I ever so appreciated an app’s features before.

1 Like

My camera volume is very low. When I try to speak from phone hard to listen on camera side and on phone speaker also hard to hear.

4 Likes

I can’t believe how LOWWWWW the talkback audio volume IS on the more expensive Pan camera??? Makes no sense? I have 3 cubes and three pans and the cubes are cheaper and the audio talkback volumes amazing! I paid more to go side to side but can’t reassure my mom when she’s scared and cause her so much more frustration Saying “what?? I can’t hear you!!” Replace EVERYONES Pan cameras for ones with better audio output PLEASE? Or charge the same as cube cameras. HELP PLEASE?? (MAC/apple/iPhone/2.4mhz WiFi USER)

1 Like

Agree. Pan camera sound is nearly inaudible but the fixed camera sound is quite good.

1 Like

I can’t hear mine very well in either direction…from phone or from camera!

2 Likes