2.29+, Wyze Sense Hub, and Wyze Cam Outdoor Updates - 4/8/22

I think this is a bug with this new app version, so I thought I’d report it here in case someone else has trouble too.

Using app 2.29.2.127 I am not able to “Share” the Gun Safe to a secondary account. I select the safe from the home tab, enter my passcode, go to settings, select sharing, select any secondary Wyze account (which I have shared many other devices with) and tell it to share, and goes back to the sharing page having done nothing and showing it still hasn’t been shared and there is no pending sharing request.

I also tried to share the Gun safe from the account tab and select sharing and the gun safe does not even show up as an option to select.

I will check up on a future app release. Hopefully 2.30.x will fix this bug or something else will resolve it soon. For now, at least I can just add my wife’s fingerprint on my profile so she can access it at will. :+1:

I did not include a video example of what is happening since it would show all my family’s email addresses publicly as I try to share it to other accounts. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks fror your feedback, spamoni4

Best wishes,

Xiaolong

2 Likes

The bulk firmware update page should now be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience

It’s still hanging for me on iOS, even with clearing the app cache, force closing the app & reopening. And I didn’t see an app update for iOS if there was supposed to be one.

The latest iOS app is 2.29.2 (a3). I set my phone not to Auto Update but it did anyway . I haven’t had any issues but I haven’t tried to download any firmware. Everything else works just fine.

1 Like

Still hanging. iOS version 15.4.1. App version 2.29.2 (a3).

1 Like

Yes, the bulk firmware update page has been working for me on Android since last night sometime.

Sorry I wasn’t specific. I am on 2.29.2 (a3).

1 Like

So just to double check Android is working but still having issues on the iOS side?

1 Like

Correct. :+1:

1 Like

I confirm Android is working (for me)
Seapup confirms iOS is not working (for him)

It would be good to see if others will validate those findings. @spamoni and @R.Good have both iOS and Android, so perhaps they can confirm the above as well.

1 Like

I can confirm. I highlight the Bulk Firmware Update menu item on the Account tab, and the app locks up.

iOS Production app 2.29.2 (a3). iOS 12.5.5.

1 Like

Agreed with others, the Android seems to be working now. Will check iOS Shortly.

1 Like

I was showing an update for the wyze cam outdoor base I went directly to the base and started the update , the update failed , I decided to reboot the wyze cam outdoor base , after that I have a solid yellow light and the base now shows offline which it did not before.
I unplugged power to the base , connected power back to the base and plugged in Ethernet cable which I did not have before I was running without Ethernet cable , still light solid yellow light on base and all outdoor cams offline.
Rebooted modem and router no difference
it appears that the wyze outdoor base is dead

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue and now all 4 of my outdoor cameras are not working. I tried to factory reset the base station and the light is still solid yellow.

I wish I could tell you how to fix it but , Unfortunately I have not been unable to find a way to fix mine.
In my case, fortunately , I had another base that was still in the box never set up , so I just set up the new one and my outdoor cameras are working again now.
I have not updated to the new base to the latest firmware 4.16.2.66 my new one is still on 4.16.2.45 I will wait till the next firmware update before I update again.

You should contact support and see if they can help you.

Our phone number is [(206) 339-9646](tel:(206) 339-9646), or you can chat with an agent or create a support ticket on our help center.

We’re open for support between 4 am - 8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am - 4pm PT Saturday.